Question

How to give a supervisor the same view as a manager

• 10 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our company has a few locations that have “supervisors” who train new hires, but aren’t the direct manager to those individuals.

Is there a way I could assign the new hires a supervisor that gives them the same view as a direct manager, but also have their direct manager assigned with the same information?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@estarks8 do you mean view as in My Teams?

You can add additional managers. We have the default Direct Manager and then have added a Functional Manager. Then you populate those values as needed in the user profile.

Creating and Managing Users – Docebo Help & Support

We also give our managers (internal) and managers of our vendors (externals) additional access with Power User Profiles and assigned resources.

Then if additional users need access to things like reporting or enrollment status they can work through the admin gear.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you! I thought that’s what I could do but in our Sandbox the test Supervisor wasn’t getting the My Team view, but now I see it. 

I appreciate the help! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Awesome. Yea, you have to populate those values. Honestly, if I had it to do over again, I’m not sure I would do anything with My Teams. Just teach people to work through the Admin menu. 

Now I need to support and explain two different solutions to accomplish the same thing.