Question

I want to create a simple course

• 13 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I am brand new to Docebo, and no one at my company that is still here has used it. I am struggling.

I simply want to create basic courses - a few "slides" of written content, and embed videos. This was so easy with the LMS at my previous company, but I have watched a ton of tutorial videos, and I cannot create a simple course in Docebo.  

Can anyone possibly help?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Well, if you are using PowerPoint, you could make an mp4 our of the slides and just post that - that is probably the quickest way to create a course.  With PowerPoint open, click Save As, then mp4.  You will want to set up timing for slide transitions and such, but it’s very doable.

Good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@JeanetteMcVeigh is correct, using an mp4 is a simple & viable solution.

Another option is to click “Add Training Material”>”Slides Converter” in the Training Material tab in the course. You can select the correct ppt file, & it’s a simple way for users to navigate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Another option is to click “Add Training Material”>”Slides Converter” in the Training Material tab in the course. You can select the correct ppt file, & it’s a simple way for users to navigate.

@NateC, I haven’t tried that yet with an embedded video...will the video play?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@NateC, I haven’t tried that yet with an embedded video...will the video play?

probably not since the conversion seems to ‘flatten’ everything...pretty sure any timing effects are also lost.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @JeanetteMcVeigh, @lrnlab 

My apologies, I was not clear.

The solution that I offered is only for static PowerPoint files. Anything with a video would not work. But if you're just looking for a method of adding non-video ppt files, using the Slides Converter is one potential method. If your ppt has any video or audio this is not a viable solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dgaughan - peeps above are quick to solution (all are colleagues in their perspective industries 🤙

Lets go higher level for a second and can I ask you 3 questions:

1. Are you setup as an administrator or a power user? (do you see Courses and Central Repository in your menu once you click on the gear to get going).
  1. What are you stuggling with in particular?
  1. Is it with the central repository? or courses menu?

Docebo has one of the best documentation sites out there on the market as well as a university to assist newcomers.