Is there any way to link directly to a user's Language preference in My Profile?

• 7 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Because of the way we set up accounts for Docebo - they’re linked to customer accounts that are managed by another team - it’s common for our users to miss the language preference, and they often get stuck with EN as their language. I’d like to create as straightforward a method as possible to allow them to change that, but communicating in English to non-English speakers to open the My Profile link, then click the Preferences tab and then choose their language is a lot.

I’d love to be able to link users directly to My Profile>Preferences but i don’t see a way to do that. I have created a video which demonstrates this process which I could use in a pinch (so on the dashboards users would see a language button which would take them to a page which hosts this video) but that feels too workaroundy for me.

If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree, not sure you can do that...looked at the url when under My Preferences and it brings you to the main profile page…

What about directing your users to the login page to change their preference?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NateC - hi - do you drop customers from said country off in a branch? You can use a branch logic to delineate what should be their language preference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @lrnlab. Thanks for your suggestion.

This might be workable. My first thought is that it might be confusing, especially for non-English speakers, to click a button which takes them back to their login screen, but I might be able to get this work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @dklinger. This also might work.

I do wonder about users from, say, Switzerland or Canada, or anywhere else that has more than one national language, but there might be a way to work with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lrnlab. Thanks for your suggestion.

This might be workable. My first thought is that it might be confusing, especially for non-English speakers, to click a button which takes them back to their login screen, but I might be able to get this work.

it’s more about pointing them to the top tight of the page before they login so they dont have to go to My Profile...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @dklinger. This also might work.

I do wonder about users from, say, Switzerland or Canada, or anywhere else that has more than one national language, but there might be a way to work with this.

We have run into some issue with it - I can report you are spot on from our experience, but it is easily less than 1% with our population.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@NateC , another solution would be to create a shortcut to the My Profile / Preferences tab for example, by using the Custom Content Box widget and embed the URL of the My profile page.