Best Answer

Limiting team selection for managers in My Teams

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’m exciting to use My Teams but I one thing holding me back. I was wondering if anyone else has come across an issue with Managers being able to select their team from all users. Is there a way you all have worked around that? There could be a confidentiality issue there for us.

icon

Best answer by abartunek 22 April 2021, 13:03

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey Ginger,

I may be wrong but I don’t think there’s a way to limit that. We had a similar issue, so we decided to turn off the option for managers to add team members.

Instead, with help of our IT department, it all happens automatically now through the API - basically, if they have team members listed in our internal HR database, they have them in Docebo. It’s really handy as it updates automatically for all new joiners, new managers, etc.

In summary - I would recommend getting some help from your IT department to try to set it up automatically if you have the option :) If not, then perhaps there’s another workaround I’m not aware of...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Ginger, 

I mirror what Adam said, there’s settings in Advanced Settings > Teams and Manager’s tab to turn on or off the ability for managers/team members to make the selections. What I’ve seen most people do is use the Automation App to import a csv file from their HR system to populate user data, including direct supervisors :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we use both methods. I think it’s quite important to maintain some level of control over teams as this information is usually driven by an HR system and should be reflected in the LMS. An integration with your HRIS is the best and easiest way to manage this. We have even implemented rules that assign a PU role to our Managers so they can access a few higher functions over and above My Teams.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I should have mentioned that we would be using MyTeams for external users. We provide free training for Child Nutrition Professionals. An example would be the School Cafeteria Manager would create her team based on her Cafeteria staff. Unfortunately, there are too many Schools and Child Care facilities in the US for us to manage the teams ourselves.

I do like API idea - it’s a great one. I still have some brainstorming to do on how to make it work for us.

Thank you @lrnlab and @natemadel for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GingerG what if you enabled the staff member being added the ability to complete the org. chart? In the Adv Settings you have the option to turn this on, the employee is then prompted to add the Supervisor. 

We also use an API integration, but how do users get put into your system? Do you manually enter them? If so are you using rules/groups to sort the users? If not, I would highly suggest that too. If you ever need to see a use case live let me know and I’d be happy to hop on a Zoom with you and screen share. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thank you, @Stephanie Dreiling. We have a public catalog, and users self-enroll. We do use groups to organize our users. Because our system is open to anyone, it would be challenging to keep an org chart, but I will definitely look into that option. There may be a workaround. I appreciate your thoughts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GingerG we also used this CSS code to remove the option from the My Teams menu that woudl allow a manager to remove a user:

/*Hide "Remove from My Team" in My Teams*/

a.action-can_remove_relation {

display: none !important;

}

that may also be helpful for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@lrnlab that’s such a good option! Thank you for sharing...I had not thought about CSS.

Does this code still work? I tried it and the Remove from Team option is still visible.

/*Hide "Remove from My Team" in My Teams*/

a.action-can_remove_relation {

display: none !important;

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @wplaisted with the recent updates to the My Teams pages think this is what you need to try

https://community.docebo.com/html%2Dcss%2D49/how%2Dto%2Dhide%2Dremove%2Dfrom%2Dmy%2Dteam%2Doption%2Dfor%2Dmanagers%2D493