Question

Notifications: Report that lists what courses attached to a notification

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I understand that I can visually see what courses are attached to which notifications.  However the list of courses is displayed as a graphic, is there some way you can have a quick report download that information.   So we know what notification is attached to which course?  We don’t have a good insight or control into what notifications are being used when since we have a few users creating courses in our platform.   As an admin I’d like to be able to see what notification is attached to which course in case we need to audit/troubleshoot.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lisa.schneer sadly there is not...a great idea though.

I agree Lisa! I reposted this as an idea you can upvote on. 

Userlevel 3

Has there been any movement on this? As an enterprise size org, it is not manageable for us to dig through graphically represented lists of courses for dozens of notifications in order to find what is where.  In addition, course code is necessary. There needs to be a report or an API call that will provide audit ability for notifications.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kfortenb   I have not seen or heard anything.    I feel for you, I decided since we didn’t have that many I took a screen shot of each and put it in a powerpoint with the details.   That way if anyone wanted to know setup/settings, etc.  They’d have a “catalog” until then, this way if they ever get to creating this report, which they may not, we have something to start with and can build upon it.  Instead of creating it when it 100 deep.   Just depends on how fast you are with screen capture and what you know about the notifications that can make it faster as a resolution in the meantime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@kfortenb   I have not seen or heard anything.    I feel for you, I decided since we didn’t have that many I took a screen shot of each and put it in a powerpoint with the details.   That way if anyone wanted to know setup/settings, etc.  They’d have a “catalog” until then, this way if they ever get to creating this report, which they may not, we have something to start with and can build upon it.  Instead of creating it when it 100 deep.   Just depends on how fast you are with screen capture and what you know about the notifications that can make it faster as a resolution in the meantime. 

Similar to the above, a shared excel doc basically fills the gap here and discipline amongst those who create the notifications, manual, annoying, but just managing.