Best Answer

Scheduled reports not sent. How to troubleshoot?

• 29 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi Team,

We have a scheduled report that goes out every Friday and it is not being sent. I cloned the report and made some edits, and I still didn't receive the report. Any idea how to troubleshoot? Any guidance is very appreciated :-) Thank you Docebo community!

icon

Best answer by dwilburn 29 March 2024, 18:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @monica.aten were the reports working before?

Check out your email setup by going to your Admin Gear and then Advanced Options and make sure your sending email address is correct in the Sender email address for alert messages.

Assuming you have access to that email’s inbox you could also send yourself an email to make sure it works outside of the system.

Don’t forget your spam folders. Since Docebo is a SAAS you are often sending an email from a domain from which it is not hosted. Company policy may have changed to block those sorts of emails.

If it is getting blocked, you will need to look into SPF and DKIM keys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@monica.aten Hi, Monica  This is a known issue, so make sure you have a ticket in with Support.  On my instance, I found that the reports were getting generated, but that the emails weren’t sent. When I went to Background Jobs I was able to download the report.  Perhaps you can download the report and manually send them out.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@KMallette That is a good point. I have logged in as the user and looked to see if they had a notification.

@KMallette  and @dwilburn thank you both so much for the reply. I did a test and it worked. However, do you do if there is a report or an area where I can see what reports have been sent within Docebo? The email we sent on fridays with the report was scheduled for this morning to two email addresses (one email address for a coworker and one email address to our group of Project Managers). When I cloned the report, I scheduled it to get it a 12pm ET, and I received it. Curious to see if we can check a report that shows what reports have been sent, and notifications  too :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge

@monica.aten unfortunately I have not found a way, nor has Docebo been able to tell me a way to see information or reporting on the outgoing mail.

But in the same area where you set your outgoing email address there is a place to add a CC address. For a short term check you can add an email address here and you will see all of the outgoing messages, assuming any are going out.

I have used this in the past when troubleshooting email sending delays. At one point I had a lot of messages going out and I went through and staggered the timing to improve success.

@dwilburn thank you so much for that tip! I am certainly going to implement that for now. I really appreciate the quick response and help :-)