Best Answer

Setting a user as the manager of a branch

• 23 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

When editing a user, is there any way to make them the manager of all the users in a particular branch? I may be missing something, but it looks like you can only select the team members one by one. I know it’s possible to go into the branch, select all the users, then edit them collectively to set their manager, but I think it would be more intuitive if you could select the branch with one click in the following Team Members screen.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 August 2022, 15:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel yes of course...if you go about it the other way…

1. ON the User Management page, select all user you want to update…
  2. click the green Choose Action button on the bottom right of the page
  3. you will see the option to add a manager near the bottom of the page

this will update all users with the same manager..

another option is to use the CSV import...a little longer to set-up but works just as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lrnlab 

Just to clarify, you need to select [Edit] from the list after clicking the [Choose Action] button, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Yes Daniel, you would need to click Edit to get to the screen that was referenced previously. Just note you’d need to update new users in the branch after this mass setting of the manager if and when you add new users to the branch itself.

I assume you know about power users and how those work? Generally when someone “manages” an entire branch of a lot of users, sometimes the power user functionality works a bit better than the 1-to-1 manager functionality does. Just depends on what they need to do. With Power Users, you can assign an entire branch to the power user and not have to constantly update it as new users get added to the branch but I don’t advise Power Users in lieu of managers if you have 100s of managers as maintaining the power user configurations can be tricky at larger scales.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel correct...sorry I missed that step.