Best Answer

Should there be a difference between Reports and New Reports feature?

Userlevel 3

I have a client who is saying that the report being run in one gives different results when run in the other. Is there any other known issues around this?

icon

Best answer by francesca.vaccarino 19 May 2022, 12:29

View original

17 replies

Badge

Hello @TaiSaxty,
to my knowledge the Reports feature shows constantly up to date reports while the reports shown in the New Reports feature are updated once a day around 1 am (GMT +02:00).

Hope this helps

Francesca

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

correct @francesca.vaccarino the New reports run from a ‘static’ database that is refreshed daily so your results are not in real time.

Userlevel 3

i take it, thats what the data refresh is for then.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes, if you run that before pulling new reports your data will be current through that time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@TaiSaxty just be mindful that the process can take a few hours to run and you only have a limited number of manual refreshes per month…

I usually work with the new reports and use the old reports when I need to see realtime data instantly. Also keep in mind that any on-screen reports done via other areas like the Reports tab under course management are still in real time. 

Userlevel 3

Do we know what time the Scheduled reports also go out or is this at 12am too?
Also has anyone noticed if you do set a schedule in REPORTS, it disappears when you look at the report under NEW REPORTS ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

One other note is that NEW REPORTS can exclude inactive users while REPORTS always includes them

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@TaiSaxty Sheduled reports have an option to specify the time they go out, there isn’t a default.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

New reports aren’t really that new anymore are they?  Why have we still got both? 🤔

Userlevel 3

@TaiSaxty Sheduled reports have an option to specify the time they go out, there isn’t a default.

it appears to have disappeared and no sends out after the 12:00am refresh.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I hate to be the naysayer, but reports are not good at all.

The new reports seem to fix an issue for Docebo, i.e. takes load off of their servers, but not for the end user, who wants reports real time. 

Just disappointing. I think I will continue to use old reports, since I can download a report and not have to wait for a refresh. 

Disappointed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I hate to be the naysayer, but reports are not good at all.

The new reports seem to fix an issue for Docebo, i.e. takes load off of their servers, but not for the end user, who wants reports real time. 

Just disappointing. I think I will continue to use old reports, since I can download a report and not have to wait for a refresh. 

Disappointed.

I had generally thought along these lines too, but in fairness the new way the refresh mechanism works keeping the data to about 4 hours accurate, plus all the new report types and options on the new reports, I do an evaluation on each report before building and more times than not now a days, new reports offer the better choice for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I had generally thought along these lines too, but in fairness the new way the refresh mechanism works keeping the data to about 4 hours accurate, plus all the new report types and options on the new reports, I do an evaluation on each report before building and more times than not now a days, new reports offer the better choice for me.

Maybe I am not giving it a fair shot and am misunderstanding something. Couple questions

- Refresh mechanism? Are you speaking of a manual refresh of data or the screenshot, that automatically runs? 
- What are the report types?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi - yeah, you might want to take a look at the update below that goes into great detail on the new data setup and refresh logic:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

One other note is that NEW REPORTS can exclude inactive users while REPORTS always includes them

whooaa.  hang on.  is this true?

All these reports i have been pulling out have been including people who have left the organisation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

whooaa.  hang on.  is this true?

All these reports i have been pulling out have been including people who have left the organisation?

The original reporting did not have a built in filter, a lot of us would build branch logic to help avoid this, i.e. have a top level inactive branch.

This is one of many new options available within new reports, there are also a couple just new reports that only show there. It’s definitely looking at and getting up to speed on if you have not looked in a while.