Best Answer

Supervisors managing learning

• 1 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How does a supervisor assign a course to their employees?

For example, I search for a course in the catalog, and I can enroll, but I don’t see how to choose members of my team to assign it to them.

Any links to supervisor/people manager functionality is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Baskaran venugopal 3 July 2023, 08:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@EmilyW_Tacoma You can assign the trainings to your team members via “My Team”.

My Team will be available by default only to the managers & it shows the employee details who’s reporting to the manager. By selecting each employee, you can be able to assign any training via “Enroll to courses” or “Enroll to Learning Plan” options.

My Team page helps you easily manage each employee and identify the no. of expired course/certificates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Note that to select multiple, move your mouse to the top left corner of the employee card and a radio button will appear..your enrolment options will appear under the green Choose Action button on the bottom right.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Note that to select multiple, move your mouse to the top left corner of the employee card and a radio button will appear..your enrolment options will appear under the green Choose Action button on the bottom right.

This helps- it appears that a supervisor can’t enroll employees who have a manager between them. For example, if I manage a manager, I can enroll him into courses and learning paths, but I can’t enroll the employees of my employee. Is that right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@EmilyW_Tacoma yes you can...I just tried it with a manager enrolling users run their subordinate’s manager’s team and it works just fine...the “enroll to courses” does look like it’s greyed out which is a but weird but it still works just fine. You might check your settings for managers under Advanced Settings if you cannot.