Question

Webinar & Sessions

• 19 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi!

I am unable finding a webinar setup that meets our needs. We host company wide webinars mostly via Teams (sometimes Zoom). Our leadership would like this to be scheduled via our LMS so we can track attendance.

I set up 1 webinar event and 1 session, but when the users join the webinar it does not automatically enroll them in the session. Additionally, if someone adds the team meeting to their calendar, once it starts they can join from the Teams pop up, rather than via the LMS, and it is not enrolling them in the session that way.

Can anyone share advice or best practices on streamlining this process so further administration isn’t required to enroll the attendees into sessions?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @simone.yaghi not sure I follow your question...when you create an ILT session, the event (containing the MS Teams settings) is contained in the Event which is part of the Session. In order for users to access the Teams meeting, they would need to have been enrolled in the course and session first. How are you users getting access to the Teams link?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab you’re right - I mean I created one event and one session - I also tried to create one event and multiple sessions. Is there any way to have a deeplink directly for the session so they can be drive automatically to the page that says join webinar? We need it as simple as possible and right now it’s a few too many clicks.. any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

OK got it, thx. That option is not yet available but it is slated to be added in the next few months. Right now, all you can do is use the auto course enrolment link which does enrol the user into a specific session.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Where is that link? I tried to take the deep link from course enrollment but it did not work.

thanks!

Simone

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It’s a new feature that will be coming in the next few months...not yet available in the LMS

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I see. Thanks, appreciate it.