Question

A daily report of the completions that happened yesterday

• 9 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Howdy….lets say I want to send a team a daily report of what completions happened only yesterday.

I know that I have these functions:

I can change the enrollment date back to all dates - but to achieve what I am describing - is that doable as shown???

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think the closest you can get natively is doing what you have and switch the 1 to a 0 so it gets yesterdays data, and then include the completion date column and sort by it so yesterdays are first?

This is a limit I’ve run into often for reports based on relative dates, you really want relative ranges which are not really offered. I end up doing like a filter often based on the report, i.e. email the report to my automation email, process the data and filter out what I don’t want, and form into a new doc that gets emailed to others,  or going all in API wise and building my own report essentially.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I agree with @Bfarkas if we’re limited to what’s “in the box”.

Here’s an “out of the box” thought...

If you want to do something with more options, you could create a webhook that triggers for every course completion, and then use an automation tool to write the completions out to the data repository of your choice. In our case we write them into a SharePoint 365 list where we have some other automation through PowerAutomate, but you would get better performance from Airtable or a database.  Once you have the data in a suitable repository you can query it any way you like, trash items over X days old, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I agree with @Bfarkas if we’re limited to what’s “in the box”.

Here’s an “out of the box” thought...

If you want to do something with more options, you could create a webhook that triggers for every course completion, and then use an automation tool to write the completions out to the data repository of your choice. In our case we write them into a SharePoint 365 list where we have some other automation through PowerAutomate, but you would get better performance from Airtable or a database.  Once you have the data in a suitable repository you can query it any way you like, trash items over X days old, etc.

@elamast if you’re using office365/power automate, thats exactly what I use for the filtering report and then can skip the sharepoint piece. I build a report as close as possible, and have it either ftp or emailed, then have a power automate that triggers either on arrival or update and it takes the csv and does additional filtering and then delivers. Save some issues from SharePoint for this type of task. I do heavily do some other SharePoint items with automations out of Docebo though, and love the docebo custom connector I have going which lets me build fast items from the docebo API.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@elamast if you’re using office365/power automate, thats exactly what I use for the filtering report and then can skip the sharepoint piece. I build a report as close as possible, and have it either ftp or emailed, then have a power automate that triggers either on arrival or update and it takes the csv and does additional filtering and then delivers. Save some issues from SharePoint for this type of task. I do heavily do some other SharePoint items with automations out of Docebo though, and love the docebo custom connector I have going which lets me build fast items from the docebo API.

I probably need to start a new thread just on Office 365 and Docebo.  :grinning:

We are using SharePoint to perform some other work on the completions for certification purposes.  Essentially what we’re going to looking for combinations of courses completed that earn one of our certifications. That workflow is triggered every time a new completion is recorded.

On a related note, we are also using a SharePoint list to capture the audit logs.  Once a month another process batches them up into a monthly CSV file.  Eventually he length of the list in SharePoint will likely get too long, and I’ll have to move those items to a real database if I ever want decent performance in making queries. 

Lastly, we are using a combination of things to automate the entry of sessions and events into Docebo.  We’re using a SharePoint datasheet with lookups on existing classes and locations for the data entry. Then it all gets processed into sessions and events (something harder than it should be).  One thing I haven’t found a good way to do in PowerAutomate (for “free”) is connect directly to the Docebo API with Oath2 and manage the tokens properly.  For all API calls into Docebo I’m currently passing info by webhook to Integromat.  If you know of a way to get PowerAutomate to work better directly with the Docebo API, I’d love to know!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah yeah, so I’m doing a lot of those types of processes too. In Power Automate you can make a custom connector where you define the oauth setup and then you build out actions or triggers by defining the docebo api, so you essentially get new building blocks, works seamlessly and you can share it amongst users of your O365 tennent to leverage the build. Essentially it gives you the power of docebo connect/workato but within the office 365 ecosystem. Have built 4 custom connectors with different scopes for docebo and use them across about 75 power automate flows for managing lots of actions and activities quickly outside of the inbox scope. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I probably need to start a new thread just on Office 365 and Docebo.  :grinning:

We are using SharePoint to perform some other work on the completions for certification purposes.  Essentially what we’re going to looking for combinations of courses completed that earn one of our certifications. That workflow is triggered every time a new completion is recorded.

On a related note, we are also using a SharePoint list to capture the audit logs.  Once a month another process batches them up into a monthly CSV file.  Eventually he length of the list in SharePoint will likely get too long, and I’ll have to move those items to a real database if I ever want decent performance in making queries. 

Lastly, we are using a combination of things to automate the entry of sessions and events into Docebo.  We’re using a SharePoint datasheet with lookups on existing classes and locations for the data entry. Then it all gets processed into sessions and events (something harder than it should be).  One thing I haven’t found a good way to do in PowerAutomate (for “free”) is connect directly to the Docebo API with Oath2 and manage the tokens properly.  For all API calls into Docebo I’m currently passing info by webhook to Integromat.  If you know of a way to get PowerAutomate to work better directly with the Docebo API, I’d love to know!!!

Check out here 

done many more things since then, but an overview 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Now you’ve inspired me to try and tackle the customer connector I’ve been avoiding. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@elamast What I found was, the initial setup more than made up for the fact that I could build fast fixes/admin tools super fast. It was a joke for a while I would be in a meeting hearing an admin complaint about a process that should be simpler or automated and within the hour meeting it would be built/ready for testing at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow love the chat @elamast and @Bfarkas.

I hate that we are running away from the UI for a solution for something that should be straight forward, but some of this brings along some very insightful methodology. Sometimes I put a feeler out there to see if someone has pulled it off successfully to save a cycle on reporting - and I am a little surprised - but maybe noone has actually pulled it off yet.

We are expanding our sharepoint site and O365 footprint this year. I think that will bring along the opportunity that I have been waiting for with Power Automate and PowerBI.

But @elamast and @Bfarkas - definitely break out the discussion points into another thread - people will gain from it.