Do You Need To Manually Mark a Training Material? --> Here's How

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ugh - So for whatever reason - a learner contacts you to say that they finished a training material but it was never marked as complete and they want to know if you can help because they cannot progress until that item is complete.

Hopefully this is useful for someone in this situation.

Begin by navigating to the course in question and hitting the enrollment tab and do a search for the learner.

At the end of the row for that learner are three dots that will only appear when you hover over them. Click on these three dots to reveal a little pop up menu. Select User Stats.

Next, find the offending training material and click on the status icon for it.

In the little pop-up that appears, choose the appropriate status from the dropdown.

Click the red checkmark to submit the change.

You should see the change.

Of course, now you need to dig deeper to find out why items are not being marked complete as they are supposed to.

Hopefully this helps someone today!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great tip! thanks @gstager 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

thanks @gstager . I always did this via the Reports tab, good to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Stephen.Barton - yeah, there is more than one pathway to the same place.

When I began my own search for this - I was looking at it more from the perspective of modifing a user as opposed to looking at a report (which in my head is view only) so I hit the enrollment tab first to find the user.

On the report tab, you can still find the user and click on them which will take you to the same screen where you can make the update.

Userlevel 1

Is there anyone to mark training materials complete for a bunch of users at once instead of on an individual basis. I need to do this for 278 people and I do not have the bandwidth to mark them complete individually. These people have completed a course where I updated the training material. They, of course, show as complete overall but it makes the reporting very wonky if I do not go in and mark this off, too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ASykes - oof, I don’t see a quick easy way to do that.

I might suggest investigating trying to do that via API.

I have not played with that at all myself so I am afraid I can only suggest it as a potential solution at this point - I cannot guarantee that it will work in your use case.