Notifications and learner journey

• 18 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to figure out how to design an effective Learner Journey and when it comes to engagement you cannot neglect communication, i.e. notifications triggered automatically by the system.

We have a series of Learning Plans composing an actual “learning path” for several kinds of professionals, but while on the one hand I can grant progression and communication of that progression (with emails, badges, etc), the Learning Plans must physiologically evolve over time.

For example, if a Learning Plan was completed by a Learner, so they got their congrats handshake and badge, but after some time I need to add a new course to the Learning Plan itself, is there a simple way to configure a mild notification that they should keep up with news and updated learning contents?

Or: let’s assume I created a course specifically for Marketing people and I want them to be acknowledged of it: how can I notify a certain pool of users (say, a Group or a Branch) that a certain course (for example, in a certain category or identifiable in some way) was created, instead of notifying everybody (including those who are not entitled to view them) of any course?

IDK if Docebo Notifications are already this smart: I could not configure these cases… Maybe someone already designed a similar Learner Journey and can help me :) thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @MauroBorghesi,

You may be able to set this up with a Docebo notification. I’ll caveat this by saying that I haven’t tested this particular notification, but it seems like it would work.

Go out to your Admin menu and select Manage under Notifications. Select the New Notification button. In the New Notification window, under Choose the Event, go to the Learning Plans bundle and select "New content in Learning Plan." Set the notification up as an email - check the Email box, then select Email from the left menu. Set up your email parameters (From - name and email, language, Subject, and description). Then you’ll go through a series of screens. From that email screen, select Next then check the radio button for At time of the event. Select Next and select the radio button for Select branches and/or groups. Select the branches or groups you want the email to go to, then select Next. You’ll need to designate the target role for the notification, so it would be the Users or Power Users (who would be in the group you just indicated). After that, select Next and then check the box(es) for the Learning Plan(s) that will the trigger of your event. You can finish walking through the screens to confirm and set your notification into motion.

You may want to do a test run of this to confirm that this produces the results you desire. 

Hopefully this helps.