Skip to main content

The ability to create pages and manage menus is one of the most powerful features in Docebo. That said, sometimes you need to expose a page only to certain users. I found that you can choose to NOT add a custom page to your hamburger menu but you can still usher users to that specific page via a relative url in a widget (we use mostly the Image and Custom Content Box widgets for this purpose).

Using these “hidden” pages allows us to have many more pages available to our users without having to clutter up the hamburger menu (this menu can quickly get out of hand if not managed properly).

To do this

• create your page
  • once created, use the menu at the far right under the ellipses to “Copy the URL”
  • to embed this link in a widget or other launch point and keep the user INSIDE the LMS, remove the “https://www.xxxxxx.com” and enter the URL as:
    • /pages/20/home
    • (where “pages” = the module, “20” is the unique number assigned to each custom page, and “home” is the name of the page you input

Once we figured this out, it opened up a whole new word of possibilities wherein pages and menus are concerned (and some rework, lol).

If you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Thank you for this tip! Was trying to solve just this :)

Glad to see this is still helpful for folks...

Hi all, Giulio here from Docebo’s product team.
Docebo’s product team is gathering your thoughts and feedback on improving the Learning Experience (Pages & Menus) creation & management process.

Please take this survey to tell us about your needs, priorities, and challenges in creating and managing Learning Experiences.

The original Feedback request is on this page:

Thanks!

Dear @lrnlab,

Thank you for your constant help on this platform. I just noticed this post from 3 years ago, and we are actually having the same problem. I created a page and followed the process you explained and the modification from @Adam Ballhaussen, but where you say to paste the link in a widget, are you talking insaide a course? Because when I try to paste in an iframe widget inside a course, it tells me the link is invalid if I remove the part before /pages/. Not sure I really understand where you actually use this (and maybe things have changed since 3 years ago!). You wrote: “to embed this link into a widget or another launch point...”. What would that be? Being able to do that and having specific menu or pages for specific users would incredibly help without, like you pointed out, mess with the burger menu.

I thank you in advance, because I am convinced you will make it more clear for me :)

Stephane

@dr.reinhardt pretty sure it was for the page widgets, not courses.