Best Answer

Zoom attendance - I still don't get it

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi All,

Usually I’m quite good on the research but this one is just wearing me down. I’ve tested and gotten conflicting results and I’ve gotten conflicting reports from my colleagues about their experiences.

We have the Zoom v3 integration in place. Some of our Instructors will be using the Zoom integration (webinar or meeting) and some will be using the Custom Tool and setting up their meetings in Zoom and bringing in the URL.

I’ve been researching this and honestly cannot determine if there is any way we can create events and have Zoom’s attendance information automatically populate in Docebo. 

Can someone please let me know the simplest way to make this happen and/or point me towards any articles on this topic.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by sshrest8 29 February 2024, 20:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We’re still testing this but found on the KB article that your session needs to have more than 1 user enrolled before you can use the auto-attendance (by % of time attended) to work. We have been having lots of issues just setting up so havent got to those tests yet...Let me know if that works...Thx

In Zoom V3, If you set the settings as mark the attendance based on the percentage of time users spent on meeting, it can track the attendance time. But the email used by users need to be same in your platform as well as in Zoom when joining.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Something to keep in mind is the attendance gets marked after the event on like a scheduler too (based on what you have put the end of the event is), so when testing, give it some time before jumping to it didn’t work yet.

Custom tool never lets anything “fancy” to happen as it is literally just a link holder, best you can get there is mark attendance on join, but that setting can be controversial in orgs.