Best Answer

Content management - Content Backlog Updates

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

How does your team handle the content management for content backlog updates?  We are trying to develop a sustainable and simple process to use with our whole Enablement Team (instructional designers, trainers, and LMS operations).  We need to be able to identify and prioritize the work stream based upon level of effort, impact, resourcing needs, and timing.  Thanks in advance for any ideas on what’s working (or not working so we don’t go down that rabbit hole) for your team.  

icon

Best answer by KMallette 13 June 2023, 22:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JHill1Hi, Jill.  In order for our training team to understand the priorities, and thereby manage our work load, we start at the “needs of the business”.  In other words, the C-suite. They dictate our priorities for new products, projects, product offering updates, etc. From there, we use two different tracking applications, JIRA (because it ties in with our engineering/software teams) and Monday.com (to tie into our Product Management teams). Then, our department (a broader group that includes our training team) meets weekly to discuss the changes in both of these tools and how they impact training. At this point, we start to understand launch/delivery dates for EVERYTHING, and can begin sorting out the deliverables coming from the training team. We have 3 training managers for our team of 12 that covers various aspects, like media development, content development, facilitation, KB and the LMS. We use the JIRA tickets to track our deliverables, as well as the “stages” … dev, review, publish, etc.

It really takes a top-down approach to keep us all in lockstep so that we meet our business goals. And it’s taken us several years to organize the business (globally) to make it all work :-)

Userlevel 4

@KMallette Did you find Monday.com easy to set-up and learn for a team who has not used it before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JHill1 I don’t use Monday.com myself, so I have no idea.  We’ve also used Workfront for similar tasks and found that moderately ok.