Is anybody using something other than Docebo for notifications?

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI,

I just wondered if anybody is utilizing any other mail system for emails for users for Docebo? We had a promotion that is sending out thousands of emails via the newsletter but it seems to me that I should not have to lock up my LMS time waiting for the email to be sent to that many users. ( you cant leave the screen until the emails have been sent and 1 email was 5k users and took over 45 minutes to send)

It would also be nice to have a record of the emails that were sent out so we know that all these emails we are sending have actually been sent. If anybody has any other options you are using besides what is available in Docebo, I would be interested in what you are using.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@BWeschke We use Marketo, which allows us to use pre-formatted templates for those newletters that are fairly routine. We can use a spreadsheet to send over the details (like F/L name, email address, etc.) for merging with the templates.

On the flip side, you do have to export your user list each time you want to send a newsletter. This might mean additional fields in the learner’s account so that you can get the learner’s into a group for a  report.

Personally, I wish that Docebo would meet our outbound email needs. For your situation, have you considered a 2nd computer/assistant that could run the process for the newsletter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BWeschke - good morning. So we are using Outlook and some VBA magic to mass blast certain layers of notification. That VBA magic will go over to Power Automate as we complete our transition over to Outlook 365.

Userlevel 4
Badge

We use a Listserv for emails to our whole user population (around 8-10,000 users depending on the use case).  It means that we have to update the list every time, but I have a custom report built so I always have the right information at my fingertips.  I can do that in a few minutes as opposed to the 45-60 minutes that it takes for the system to generate the emails.

Userlevel 3

We’ve used Salesforce CRM to send out email newsletters promoting programs and new content internally. Part of our agency does email marketing for clients so we were able to partner with them to get access to their platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@BWeschke- good morning. So we are using Outlook and some VBA magic to mass blast certain layers of notification. That VBA magic will go over to Power Automate as we complete our transition over to Outlook 365.

YESSS, welcome to the fun! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We use a combination of built in ones and office 365 based on various triggers/events/webhooks to handle things that either need more detail or quantities.

Userlevel 1

Hello :) 

We use Hubspot, a CRM tool which has been fantastic to send out emails in bulk using their feature called Sequence. It provides stats on: open, clicked, bounce back, successful delivery and you can automate it to do a follow up email to those who haven’t opened the initial email. 

Fun fact: Hubspot also has an integration with Docebo! 

Kim

Hi, 

Our team has used Hubspot but primarily uses intercom to communicate with our software users. 

Mary