Free CSS: Add the word "menu" to your hamburger menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
#doc-layout-internal-header > div.internal-header-main-elements > div.internal-header-user-menu-button.ng-star-inserted > ui-button-icon::after{
content: "MENU";
color:#888;
font-size: 0.92em;
text-align: center;
font-weight: 600;
top: -6;
}
#ui-button-icon-3 {
bottom: -8;
}/* add text "menu" to hamburger menu */

Having minor spacing issues - pretty sure my text-align does nothing

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah I don’t think the text-align applies to content loaded through content CSS. is the issue you are running into so need to define the centering via the container instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

fixed (I think) and for admin gear too

Maybe this will reduce support tickets from admins asking where to do admin actions!

#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon::after{
content: "ADMIN";
font-size: 0.88em;
}
#ui-button-icon-8{
bottom: -6;
padding-top:5px;
margin-left: 0px;
left: 4px;
}/* add text "admin" to admin gear menu */

#doc-layout-internal-header > div.internal-header-main-elements > div.internal-header-user-menu-button.ng-star-inserted > ui-button-icon::after{
}
#ui-button-icon-3 {

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

awe, you think people read, especially admins who complain about those who don’t read…. ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

fantastic, thanks everyone. Is it all possible to apply the same logic to help resolve this issue by labelling these ILT buttons?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

fantastic, thanks everyone. Is it all possible to apply the same logic to help resolve this issue by labelling these ILT buttons?

Absolutely should be possible! I can take a poke at it after the hols if you’re not familiar with CSS

note that text alignment can be tricky

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’m afraid I don’t have any CSS knowledge,  but I think i need to make that a goal for 2023. Sorry I forgot it was Thanksgiving (being based in the UK), so thanks for coming back to me during holiday season, to indicate it may be possible and Happy Thanksgiving..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What would be better - replacing the icons? Or words below. Words below can be confusing too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you replace the icons and the user is in an area where custom css can’t apply then there’s no consistency, if words below are some places but not others but icons are identical, at least some reference point remains. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

latest updated css - docebo did something that broke my admin gear text and I fixed it finally

#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon::after{
}
#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon{
padding-top:0px;
}
#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon button{
margin-left: 3px;
bottom: -6px;
/*
#doc-layout-internal-header button[aria-label='Admin Gear
Where the MAGIC happens™']*/

}
#ui-button-icon-3 {

Userlevel 2

This works like a charm! Thanks Irodman. We have so many users who are unaware of the meaning of “hamburger menu”. That said, I still get inquiries from people who can’t find the icon. Is there a similar CSS goodie to change the background color of the icon to something vivid?

Greetings community, I am not a CSS master, and I tried to add these labels to the user and admin menu, however it seems that the gear icon is placed in a higher position than the hamburguer icon, can you help me with configuration, so the gear icon appears at the same position than the hamburguer? Or recommmend what to do. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey, there!
I’m having a bit of trouble. This is the code I’m using for my css:

}
#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon{
padding-top:0px;
}
#doc-layout-internal-header > nav > div.internal-header-navigation-group.internal-header-navigation-group-bordered.internal-header-admin-menu.ng-star-inserted > div > ui-button-icon button{
margin-left: 3px;
bottom: -6px;
/*
#doc-layout-internal-header button[aria-label='Admin Gear
Where the MAGIC happens™']*/

}
#ui-button-icon-3 {

Which I could be wrong but it should be matching what’s above. However, I’m noticing that the word Menu at the top left...still has weird margins making the spacing look weird. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?