Best Answer

Course Questions: Expected Completion Dates

• 16 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and I just wanted to ask a question with regards to courses. 

So my manager was asking if you can create an “expected completion date” for courses, and I wondered if this was possible - the usage case would be with our induction.  We allow 6 months to complete a suite of skills.  So my manager is asking that if we had an expected completion date and say, the person didn’t complete them in time, could we report/send messages/alert automatically without having to go through everyone manually.

Thanks for your help 

Keep safe
Paul

icon

Best answer by trose23 16 April 2024, 16:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I would suggest using the “Time Options” from the properties area of the course, and use “Days of Validity” starting from the day of enrollment.  You can set your days of validity to something like 180 days for the 6 months, and keep on the “soft deadline” so that the users will still have access to the course after the validity period, but it will show them as “overdue.”

You can set up automatic notifications for these courses using either “Digest: Learner has yet to complete a course” or “Course has expired” (Setting reminders before or after the event.) to have the system automatically remind or notify the user that they still need to complete the course.  The Digest will continually send, and the course has expired will only send once based on the designated time frame.

Userlevel 5
Badge

For this you would use the “Days of validity” setting on the Properties > General Settings > Time options tab. 

So if you want people to finish it within 6 months, you would set the days of validity to 180 days, and Docebo will calculate the due date (they call it “expiration,” which can be changed in the localization settings).

Then, if you don’t intend to lock them out if they don’t complete the course in that time period, you turn on the Soft Deadline on the same panel. 

For your notifications, you can choose the “Course has expired” notification for the reminders, both before and after the due date has been reached. Note that unless you use a digest notification, you have to create ONE notification for each reminder.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes, it’s called the “End of Validity” on the course where you can set a “due date”. Once you have that set, you can also enable a notification like, “Course has expired” which can be sent before or after the due date...

Badge

Thank you so much for this I really appreciate it.  That totally makes sense actually, I’m going to have a go now.

Thanks again for your help

Keep safe

Paul