Best Answer

Export Course Details

• 21 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4

Is there a mechanism to export course information? I am looking for the field data and not the attendance information. We just want to be able to sort of “back up” some of the additional data and if there was a way to export all of that data that would be great.

Was just wondering if anyone has come across anything like that.

icon

Best answer by MarkMBT 2 June 2021, 19:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hey @gcrawford88 not sure if this is what you’re looking for but have you tried generating a Custom Report for Courses - Users?

With this report, it is possible to export details about the standard course fields, additional course fields and some statistics (subnscribed users, completion rate, rating, and so on).

Another useful Custom Report is the one called Users - Learning Objects. It can show you all the training material types from any given course.

A good practice could be having one user enrolled in all your courses so that you can easily generate a clean report for that one user.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi gcrawford88,

When we came on board with Docebo, we asked them to create a report for us and maybe this is something the Docebo support staff can do for you in the Report section. They created a report for us on courses that provides us (course id, course code, creation date, course name, course description, language code and course type). 

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Most fields are in the courses to users report, however there are a few that are not,  (bloody annoying Docebo !!) I have resorted to using an API, to get the data,

/api-browser/#!/learn/Course/Course_learn_v1_courses

RESPONSE SAMPLE

{
"data": {
"items": [
{
"id_course": 0,
"name": "string",
"uidCourse": "string",
"description": "string",
"date_last_updated": "2021-05-24",
"course_type": "string",
"selling": true,
"code": "string",
"slug_name": "string",
"image": "string",
"duration": 0,
"language": "string",
"language_label": "string",
"price": "string",
"is_new": "string",
"is_opened": "string",
"rating_option": "disabled",
"current_rating": 0,
"credits": 0,
"img_url": "string",
"can_rate": true,
"can_self_unenroll": true,
"start_date": "2021-05-24",
"end_date": "2021-05-24",
"category": {
"id": 0,
"name": "string"
},
"enrollment_policy": 0,
"max_attempts": 0,
"available_seats": {
"id": 0
},
"is_affiliate": true,
"partner_fileds": "string",
"partner_data": {
"id": 0,
"referral_id": "string",
"name": "string",
"description": "string",
"logo": "string",
"city": "string",
"country": "string",
"state": "string",
"address": "string",
"phone": "string",
"email": "string",
"website": "string",
"discount": "string",
"affiliate_code": "string",
"enable_affiliate": "string",
"catalog_visible": "string",
"course_visible": "string",
"active": "string",
"updated_at": "string",
"updated_by": "string",
"logo_full_path": "string"
},
"affiliate_price": "string"
}
],
"count": 0,
"has_more_data": true,
"current_page": 0,
"current_page_size": 0,
"total_page_count": 0,
"total_count": 0,
"sort": [
{
"sort_attr": "code",
"sort_dir": "asc"
}
]
},
"version": "string",
"_links": {
"self": {
"href": "string"
},
"goto": {
},
"first": {
},
"last": {
}
}
}

Userlevel 2

Have you checked out the API browser? /api-browser

you can grab all data about any course. There isn’t a quick way to get event level details unless you use something like Postman Runner.

You create a dummy course that contains all your training material and just report on that. keep it unpublished.

Userlevel 4

Thanks all for the feedback...I am exploring all the options, but easiest was to generate a report for it. But it does not capture everything, so I may end up using the API side of things.

Userlevel 3

hey @gcrawford88 not sure if this is what you’re looking for but have you tried generating a Custom Report for Courses - Users?

With this report, it is possible to export details about the standard course fields, additional course fields and some statistics (subnscribed users, completion rate, rating, and so on).

Another useful Custom Report is the one called Users - Learning Objects. It can show you all the training material types from any given course.

A good practice could be having one user enrolled in all your courses so that you can easily generate a clean report for that one user.

This is the easiest way in my opinion. Under “New Reports”>create new “Courses-Users” report>after adding required fields>click on the view options tab>select which course fields you want to show in the report>the key is, do not select any statistics. The report then will only show the course properties.

Userlevel 2

Is it true that this report will only show results for Courses that have at least one User enrolled? Does anyone know of a report that can pull this information even if a Course doesn’t have any enrollments?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@mibister  Yes, that’s true. Currently, there is no report to generate the full list of created courses on Docebo

Userlevel 4
Badge

There is a way to export course data directly from Course Management. When you select the courses you want to review, in the action menu, choose “Export Course Data” then just follow the instructions.

I have found some extremely useful results here, like “Usage” which tells you what Catalogs, Learning Plans, or Channels the course is a part of.
Also, “Training Material”, which is awesome to be able to quickly pull a name and type of every training object I care about for a course.

However, my only problem is the “Properties” one exports the description in HTML. Fortunately, you can remove the HTML from the excel file by highlighting the Description column, ctrl+H to open the Find & Replace, the type in <*> in the find and leave replace blank. Select Replace all, and it removes all of the HTML coding, which is great!

Now if only I could get Usage and Properties to be in one report without finagling excel queries.