Best Answer

Multiple Completion Records for Learning Plan

• 9 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve been down this road before but never while the Community has been active, so looking for creative suggestions for an issue we run into when an employee needs to redo training. 

We have a Learning Plan for some IRA content our staff are required to complete prior to an ILT session.  The plan includes 5 eLearning sessions.  The case we have now is that an employee completed all the eLearning sessions and went through the ILT training. However, they aren’t retaining the information and need to be put back through it. The staff will be required to redo all eLearning/LP prior to getting reenrolled into the ILT Session.

Without deleting the tracking of the original completions, how do you all handle this situation. I know I can create a new Learning Plan, but the courses are still the same so it will recognize their completion.  Which means I will have to create new eLearning Courses, rename/restructure just to allow the system to track, is there an easier way? 

icon

Best answer by Dahveed 9 June 2021, 19:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hi @Stephanie Dreiling have you tried using the Certifications and Retraining app? It allows you to add LP’s and let users complete the same courses as in their first round...just not sure if it actually tracks separate completion records from the previous cycles so that would need to be tested for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@lrnlab I don’t think that would be a good fit for this, it typically shouldn’t happen that this particular Learning Plan is retaken. We do use it for some of our other compliance courses, but ya you are correct, I can’t get multiple training records for those either, which causes other issues for our compliance tracking. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Stephanie Dreiling I thin this may be coming later this year if you can hold out that long...I feel your pain as we also need to re-create courses YOY at this time so we’ll be looking forward to this update impatiently.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I think the only option we have in our toolbox is to create a new course so it can track both instances of taking the course. The solution I use to keep things very clear for reports and tracking courses is to rename the new course but add “Remediation” to the title … ex: “IRA Options Remediation.”

The word in the title calls out to me when looking at transcripts that this person took it the original course and had to take it again due to whatever reason. The remedial course doesn’t end up in a catalog because I wouldn’t want people to be confused about which one to register for.  Since using remediation is very infrequent, I don’t mind manually enrolling those users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dahveed I think this is what I will end up doing, and I think the comment about not showing up in the catalog is what I was getting hung up on.  When you have done this in the past are you uploading the same SCORM file? Does it ever cause any tracking issues if the course SCORM is titled the same? Or will it still track differently? I thought I had run into an issue where we used the same training materials in multiple courses, but it was marking it complete because it recognized the item. I will test later but wasn’t sure if you had experience with this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

You got it! I upload the same SCORM package to the Central Repository and I rename it to be the same as the original, but adding “remediation” to the title (similar to the naming of the course). This way, when I need to update any course materials, both SCORM packages show up when I search by title.

The Central Repository won’t prevent you from having multiple items with identical names, so I would avoid having identical names in there  at all costs. (I’ve since put a process in place to avoid that occurring). When I did have items of the same name, it caused a lot of mistakes on my part when it comes to adding the right package to the right course. Once I got that problem sorted, I haven’t had any completion issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI folks, looks like we have progress on this...the ideas have been updated to planned re: multiple completions for tests...maybe course are coming soon as well