Best Answer

Resetting Course Completion for an Entire Group

• 25 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there a bulk way to select a group of users and a course (or group of courses) and reset the progress? I know it is possible to bulk change the status (In Progress, Not Yet Started, etc.), but I am hoping to bulk reset a course completely for only a group of users. I know this can be done manually by going through a reset on each module for each user, but that is not feasible for the amount I have to process.Thanks for any guidance!

icon

Best answer by abartunek 25 May 2021, 23:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hey @rogergreenlee, it’s a really good question and I would like to know an easy answer to it as well! In the meantime, I think I have a workaround that perhaps you could use. It is a bit tedious and depending on what you need, it may get even more complex

You can do the following:

1. Create two groups for users who should keep their status (one group for completed and second one for subscribed AND in progress) - should be doable with automatic groups using special conditions
  2. Create a separate group for users who should have their status reset
  3. Duplicate the course (with training materials but without the users)
  4. Enroll the first (completed) group and change their status to “completed”
  5. Enroll the second group and keep their status as Subscribed
  6. Enroll the third, separate group - their progress will be reset as well

The downside of this solution is that all users will have their progress reset. Whether you can use it or not, depends on whether your user care about the actual progress. In our organisation, they usually only care about the status, not the progress, so it’s a bit easier for us… If it doesn’t help, then I hope that at least it will give you some additional ideas.

I look forward to seeing a better solution though :relaxed: I’m quite sure something easier should be possible using API but unfortunately, it is not my area of expertise.