Question

Sharing Certificates and course completion on Social Network alternatives?

• 23 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Since sharing a course on social networks was depreciated back in September (even though the option to share is still available under the course properties - at least they are in my platform), I’m curious to know if anyone has found a way to make it easy to for users to share their certificates of completion on social networks?

I know we can share badges, but I want folks to be able to share their actual certificate.

Any ideas or anyone else accomplish this in some other way?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bump?  Has accomplished some work around for this? <secretly hoping we can add a share link somehow onto the certificate>

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious myself, have not dug into, but commenting to follow if others have :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m playing with the idea of creating a share link that we can put onto the certificate itself. This way the user can click share from their certificate and it would share a link to like a short article that describes the program. 

You can use platforms like certifyme or credly to issue social media sharable certs

Userlevel 2

I know it is double work for admins 😑, but you can create shareable badges if that can help.
In this case, users who complete a course X will be granted a Certificate and a shareable Badge.

Admin setting:

User view: