Question

Update billing address on Stripe

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m trying to setup an e-commerce integration with Stripe, but I encountered a very serious problem - hopefully I’m just doing something wrong!

We have users from all over the world, and when they want to buy a course the flow is as follows:

• Check/update your billing information in the cart
  • Pay through Stripe
  • Course is unlocked

The problem is, if the user buys his first course and uses a billing address i.e. from Italy, Stripe will calculate Italian taxes. But if later in life, that same uses changes his billing address i.e. to Poland, the next time he buys a course Stripe will still calculate the Italian tax.

From what I understand, the very first time a payment is generated for a user, Docebo creates a new user in Stripe with billing address, but that address is never updated when users update their profile in Docebo.

Any way to solve this?

1 reply

Badge

Hi, were you able to come up with a solution for this issue? We are encountering the same, plus we also experience the following issue. If a power user with a Canada address purchases a course for a user with a US address, the Canadian tax is charged. This is incorrect as the tax should be based on the attendee address. Docebo is incorrectly sending the Power User’s address to Stripe and not the Attendee’s address.