Verifying SSL files & Fixing Chain Issues

• 18 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone, Brandon here from the Docebo Support team! I'd like to share this short guide on troubleshooting your SSL certificates for HTTPS upload and how to fix any chain issues you are experiencing.

This guide will assume that you already have the HTTPS and Custom Domain apps installed as well as your Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, and Key files after providing a generated CSR with your domain provider.

Please see the attachment section below to download the document.

Helpful links:

Activating and Managing the HTTPS App - Knowledge Base Article

Managing the Custom Domain App - Knowledge Base Article

Solution for Issues resulting from HTTPS Certificates - Community Post (provides insight into possible issues you may see due to a broken chain)

Feedback/Questions:

We’d love to hear your thoughts on this guide and if it was helpful for you. Please share any feedback and/or questions below.

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this. I helped me solve my problem, but needed a bit more clarity. 

In order to correctly install your certificate chain in Docebo, you’ll need to edit the .pem certificate and separate it into two files - one for the certificate, and one for the intermediate & root certificate.

In a text editor, copy the FIRST certificate block (between ------BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----) into a new file, save as <yourcertificate>.pem.

Next, copy the NEXT TWO BLOCKS (these are your intermediate and root certificates) and paste into a new file, save as <yourintermediatecert>.pem (note: I renamed this file to .crt in my case).

Now, upload your new <yourcertificate>.pem, your .key file, and then <yourintermediatecert>.pem (or .crt) and save.