Question

Animated PowerPoints?

• 8 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings!

We want our presenters to be able to present a PowerPoint from the file in the platform so they always have the most recent version, but don’t want them to have the ability to edit it. We also want our audience to have access to review the PowerPoint after the workshop concludes. 

I am aware of the slide converter option to upload our PowerPoints, however, our presentations are pretty animation and video heavy. Has anyone had success uploading PowerPoints with animations and videos in them? If so, can you please share your process? 

Thank you!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

yikes, doesn’t sound like a good combo for using the converter. Adobe Connect was like that too and I’d spend half my time testing on upload to make sure everything was right, super annoying.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I always steer my instructors away from using the Slide Converter since It  seems to just take a screen shot of the slide and no animations, transitions or interactive elements (links, etc.) transfer over.

The option I suggest most is for them to do a screen recording of them going through, and speaking to, the presentation. That way the learner will see the animations and transitions, and the instructor will talk along with the content on the screen. This makes it a bit more accessible (just a little) for those that need some accessibility accommodations.

The other option is to upload the PPT file as a File Training Material type, but then the learner has to download it and run it on their own.

Userlevel 1

I always steer my instructors away from using the Slide Converter since It  seems to just take a screen shot of the slide and no animations, transitions or interactive elements (links, etc.) transfer over.

The option I suggest most is for them to do a screen recording of them going through, and speaking to, the presentation. That way the learner will see the animations and transitions, and the instructor will talk along with the content on the screen. This makes it a bit more accessible (just a little) for those that need some accessibility accommodations.

The other option is to upload the PPT file as a File Training Material type, but then the learner has to download it and run it on their own.

Thanks for the insight, @Dahveed! I never thought of doing a screen recording--great idea! We were hoping to be able to upload the animated decks for our presenters to utilize while out in the field (so they always have the most updated version) and for the students to refer back to after the in-person workshop is completed. We don’t want them to be able edit or download the PPT file, so the screen recording may work best for us for at least the students to refer back to after the workshop is done.  Thank you again!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Remember too, if you make the powerpoint self-descriptive, you can export them as mp4’s directly from PPT, and not need to do a record separately, comes in handy!