Best Answer

Joke Idea - Stop allowing us to "spam" the ideas bucket for badges / points

• 4 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Current State: Hey - I dont mind coming in at the end of the week and getting some points to help knock out older friends like @gstager , @lrnlab , @alekwo out of their position in the leaderboard by walking new ideas and voting them up.

I am doing this because I literally dont have the stamina for keeping up with them. But someone else is going to figure out my game? And starting knocking me out as well.

Future State: remove the points from Ideas. Dont let us “spam” ideas to get our scores nice and high on the leaderboards.

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 8 February 2022, 18:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

By the way? I just knocked someone out writing this idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@dklinger so casting votes on existing ideas is assigning community points… interesting.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, what a better way of encouraging others to review submitted ideas and vote on those that they like to see implemented?

If that’s the price of letting us steer Docebo’s development in the right direction, feel free to knock me out of the leaderboard in each and every week ;-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

You knocked them out?  That’s a little harsh :right_facing_fist_tone2::joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You knocked them out?  That’s a little harsh :right_facing_fist_tone2::joy:

I am just sayin…eventually? We will learn how to game the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

:joy:

At least one person gets it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dklingerso casting votes on existing ideas is assigning community points… interesting.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, what a better way of encouraging others to review submitted ideas and vote on those that they like to see implemented?

If that’s the price of letting us steer Docebo’s development in the right direction, feel free to knock me out of the leaderboard in each and every week ;-)

You know I am going to quote you on that one @alekwo.

More points the better. A wiser person than men once said

We put systems in place to “maximize” our tasks. There are those that abuse the same systems in place that will maximize for themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

A wiser person than me

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@dklinger first off, I love seeing the friendly competition among some of our most legendary community members. One of my favorite Monday activities is reviewing @erin.brisson’s weekly leaderboard updates to see who’s new on the list and who’s climbed up the ranks.

We tend to agree with @alekwo on this topic. It’s important to us here at Docebo to encourage and reward customer activity in the ideas portal. We thrive on understanding our customer needs and hearing how you’d like to see us shape and improve our products.

We currently don’t have the flexibility to set specific point values for posting, voting on, and replying to Ideas separately from the point values for posting, liking, and replying to Questions and Conversations. We’re tied to the capabilities that inSided (the vendor who powers our community) offers us, and they currently don’t give us the option to define gamification settings per content type. It’s something we’ve asked them about, but I don’t expect the functionality to come anytime soon.

If anyone’s curious about how badges & points work in the community, check out this post: 

We’re really happy with how we’ve configured gamification in the community and are pleased with inSided’s current functionality.

“Gaming the system” by handing out votes and creating new ideas will give you more points and help you climb the leaderboard, but it will have no impact on your rank, since we’ve configured our ranks to reward the most helpful behavior in our community like replying to others and answering questions.

With that said, I’d like to respond to a wiser person than me who quoted a wiser person than him, 

We put systems in place to “maximize” our tasks. There are those that abuse the same systems in place that will maximize for themselves.

We hold our community members to a high standard and trust that they are above abusing systems in place to maximize for themselves. That goes directly against the values of our community as outlined in our Community Guidelines.

We ask all members, especially those of you who possess great knowledge and an ability to help others, to respect rather than abuse the systems we’ve put in place. Please post, like, vote, and share responsibly to help us continue to grow and maintain a clean, relevant, helpful, and inclusive community.

@dklinger as always, thanks for having a sense of humor and bringing a valid community request to the table. We’re going to convert this idea to a question and move it to the Community Requests & Feedback category.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adam Ballhaussen thank you for the thoughtful response.

All good. I dont mind calling a spade a spade every now and then :spades: in the spirit of a community.