Best Answer

There is no status of Failed?

• 4 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does anyone else find it strange that there is no course status of “failed” or “not passed” for a user? I set up an e-Learning shell with three training objects (a file download, an evaluation, and a survey). I set the test as requiring 100% and programmed two fake questions, then ran through the course and purposefully failed the evaluation with my test account. 

I know how to look at the score and how to go into the Reports tab and see which of the training materials the learner failed but the user remains in the status of In Progress. What I’m looking for is the ability to identify who failed the course, not a single learning object. 

• Reports (screenshot included) show my test user only completed 66% of the course and is In Progress. In reality, the user completed 100% of the course; and they failed the evaluation.
  • Enrollments tab (screenshot included) shows me the user’s score but not what a passing score is so admins would have to research that before we looked at the status this way. But again, it shows the learner as In Progress when this learner is not in progress though. This evaluation has a max attempt of one; the user tried and failed and can’t retake the test. They failed the test, and therefore the course. 

Anyone have some insight into pass/fail options at a course level? The lack of a ‘fail’  or ‘not passed’ user course status seems like an oversight, unless I’m completely missing something here. 

icon

Best answer by steveninfinger 8 August 2022, 16:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

agreed. In Progress means so many different things in the system from literally just clicking on it for a hot second, to being in the middle of the training, to finishing a VILT and not being marked attended. It would be great to have some more details around finishing a learning object but not completing/passing it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

agreed. In Progress means so many different things in the system from literally just clicking on it for a hot second, to being in the middle of the training, to finishing a VILT and not being marked attended. It would be great to have some more details around finishing a learning object but not completing/passing it. 

In Progress is my favorite because of how wide and varied it is used. My personal fav is for ViLT for sure  where just clicking to look at sessions to maybe register can trigger it.

Did anyone have a work around for this? We are running into this problem currently. We need to administer an assessment with two attempts. However, if a user fails both attempts, the course remains incomplete. From an admin side, there doesn’t seem to be a way to see the difference between users who have failed the first attempt and maybe studying for the 2nd, and users that have failed both times already.

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Did anyone have a work around for this? We are running into this problem currently. We need to administer an assessment with two attempts. However, if a user fails both attempts, the course remains incomplete. From an admin side, there doesn’t seem to be a way to see the difference between users who have failed the first attempt and maybe studying for the 2nd, and users that have failed both times already.

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

Only easy workaround for that which comes to mind is essentially make the first attempt one course, if they fail enroll in a second course, and then you can track each independently? Hoping others have a better idea.

Userlevel 2

Since several clients need the “Failed” status, can Docebo add this feature into the system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Failed is a biggie for us too.

Userlevel 2

There is an idea posted in the Ideas Portal but probably has not gained enough votes yet to be noticed.

Course Level Failed Staus | Community (docebo.com)