Right-Click to Open Courses in New Window on Learning Plan No Longer Works

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I noticed with the newest release/change to the learning plan player that you can no longer right-click on a course name to open it in a new tab on your browser. I hate to see this go, as it was helpful if I need to see all the courses in a learning plan to open its properties, etc. 

It’s a lot faster than having two tabs of Docebo open, one with the learning plan and one with the Course Management. 

Any way Docebo can put this functionality back into the learning plan player? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@AaronStephens Hi, Aaron.  Could you provide a screenshot of what you mean by “learning plan player”?  Are you working from the administrator’s perspective, or while impersonating a user?

I’m asking because right-click menus are often the realm of browsers, so I was curious if I could repeat your question.

Userlevel 1

@KMallette Hello. Yes, I am working as an Admin, but I access the learning plans as I am the learner from my own transcript. Screenshot below. 

With this newest update, you can no longer right-click on a course and get the “open in another browser tab” option. 

Hoping Docebo will bring that back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@AaronStephens  Hi, Aaron … you got me curious.  I put my PROD instance into the new course player preview mode, and then tested it in both PC-based Chrome and Firefox (I couldn’t tell which browser you were using, but thought it might have been Mac-based Safari).  In all cases, I didn’t see an ‘open in a new tab’ option on the right-click menu. Here are my screenshots

“Old player” - Firefox

“New Player” - Firefox

“Old Player” - Chrome

“New Player” - Chrome

Userlevel 1

@KMallette sorry for not saying which browser. I use Microsoft Edge.