Skip to main content

I find that SCORM files take a long time  (1 to 4 seconds) to open in Docebo. This results in an unpleasant user experience. The SCORM files are small microlessons, so I do not think the slow load time is related to file size. 

Does anyone else experience this? If so, have you found anyways to make the load time quicker?

Hi @meaganp - I have the same experience but no users have complained about this, so I guess we are still good. There are times when I thought that the course may have an issue because it takes a while to load. I am not sure if there is any way to make the load time quicker, but let’s see if anyone has a solution for this.

Its funny, I was researching something else and came across this which seems relevent:

Its funny, I was researching something else and came across this which seems relevent:

6 to 10 seconds users start submitting a ticket that there is an issue in the course. :/

Yeah I would think so too, this was a more global writeup of websites in general and we were all discussing the 10 second cutoff thing a bunch this week.

Our customers and staff are very frustrated with the slow loading of our SCORM content. They find this confusing and keep trying to reload the page/course.

• Each content file is around 3MB in size so I can’t imagine it’s a file size issue. We get the same delays on a single page course overview microlearning file as we do on a full course.
  • From when a user clicks on ‘Start learning’ there is anywhere from 5-20 second delay before ‘Your content is loading’ even appears.
  • Then there’s at least another 5s until the content is actually visible.
  • And this happens between every module/course file.

The solution from Docebo support is to instruct users to clear their cache.

“with all the sites people visit and interact with over time as well as many other software interactions can build up issues in the cache and cookies which causes issues with latency and other process issues.”

In my specific test that I sent to support:
* Before clearing took 25s to load the course, and 19s to load each next content module
* After clearing took 12s to load the course, and 4s to load each next content module

Even after clearing, these are not ideal loading speeds.

From support:

“I understand that this may not be ideal as it is expected behavior and have provided all information that I can from the technical perspective. If you are in need of someone to speak to regarding this matter outside of technical support I would recommend a CSM which can be reached through the following email address CS-EMEA-APAC@docebo.com

I cannot believe this is ‘expected behavior’. I emailed the CSM team and our account manager weeks ago. Still no reply.