Best Answer

Custom Domain Not Accessible via Internal Network - Any Ideas?

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey friends! We have a custom domain, learning.ourcompany.com. We have configured the SSL cert and DNS properly, and we can access the site no problem UNLESS we are on our internal network. We use windows DNS manager for our internal network and we have tried adding a CNAME Alias pointing to ourcompany.docebosaas.com, but that isn’t working. We’ve whitelisted the domains that the Docebo support team told us to whitelist. We can get to ourcompany.docebosaas.com via our internal network, but not to our custom domain. Docebo support team is saying they can’t help us any further because this is an internal network config. 

So my question to you fine folks is: has anyone come across this kind of issue before with an internal DNS manager, and what was the config that fixed it? Many thanks for any and all guidance!

icon

Best answer by katie 30 January 2023, 23:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We did nothing special and it works fine. We have VPN and internal.

Is your internal network blocking redirects?

Userlevel 2

Great idea! Let me check!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh to be clear - I don’t think we use “windows DNS manager”, but I could be wrong.

Still, we do use every other piece of the chain here.

Userlevel 3

Hi @katie 

Goto MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox and search for your URL.
This will let you know if there are any settings that are incorrect which would need to be sorted.

If all of the settings are correct and nothing needs attention (red/amber) then it may be something to do with your firewall settings.

Userlevel 2

Hi all - wanted to share that we figured this out! Our domain controllers hadn’t been refreshed since we added the internal DNS entries for our custom domain. Once we refreshed them, the domain resolved properly! Thanks, all, for your ideas!