Enroll into two different workshops BUT you have to attend this one first!

• 22 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Everyone,  

I have an instructor that will be teaching 2 different classes AM & PM in 2 days.  This will give a learner ability to attend the AM on Day 1 and attend the PM on Day 2.  The AM class is the prerequisite for the PM class.  How do I set this up, where a learner can’t enroll in the PM class first? Thank you 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @C0PanaS

Good question!  There might be some ways to approach this in the discussion of this post: 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, my solution (idea) involves using a learning plan.

1. Create a learning plan with 2 ILTs as courses.
  2. Determine how an ILT courses will be marked ‘completed’, ie passing a test or instructor marks attendance as completed.
  3. Make the AM ILT course the pre-requisite for the PM ILT course.

I hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

PS. Let me know if this works out :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The enrolling upon completion of the first seems the built in, good way to go. Only downside is they wouldn’t get the invite/enrollment until the night before basically, so need to make sure they are aware of the second class at least ahead of time.

Userlevel 2

Hi, my solution (idea) involves using a learning plan.

1. Create a learning plan with 2 ILTs as courses.
  2. Determine how an ILT courses will be marked ‘completed’, ie passing a test or instructor marks attendance as completed.
  3. Make the AM ILT course the pre-requisite for the PM ILT course.

I hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

PS. Let me know if this works out :-)

Hi,

I setup per directions above and it wouldn’t work for me. The LP was locked to the viewer and not sure how that happened.  Thank you  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@C0PanaS The functionality should be functional. Below is an example of how it appears on the learning plan page. You'll notice a lock icon on the second course, indicating that completion of the first course is required to unlock it. Have you specified a deadline for the learning plan? If the set deadline has already passed, it could be the reason why the lock icon is displayed on the learning plan.