Best Answer

HTML Material in a course within a Learning plan. Pause return to learning plan

• 26 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

So I have created an elearning course that contains only an HTML page. I am trying to use is as a “what’s next” description as the last class within learning plans. 

However since classes in learning plans automatically return to the learning plan when they are completed, my user experience is compromised. 

A learner opens the material and it displays for about a half a second before the class marks complete and they are returned to the learning plan. To actually read the text they need to then reopen the class.  this is not intuitive, so users are confused. 

Has anyone found a way to either set a class not to automatically return to the learning plan class list on completion or to pause the return until the user gets a chance to read the material on an HTML page?

icon

Best answer by maryanneharrison 26 March 2024, 18:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4

I’m not sure if this is helpful but there is one “advanced setting” that indicates if the training material is in fullscreen mode then it will not auto redirect back to the LP layout. The part I’m not sure about is whether you can set an HTML training object to be fullscreen like you can with a SCORM. It might be worth wrapping it to SCORM to get this functionality? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I would suggest making this material into either a SCORM package or a PowerPoint slide (and use slide viewer).  It will be a much better user experience than using the HTML training object.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I was going to suggest using slides instead of HTML.  If that behaves the same way, make sure you have at least 2 slide for them to view - that way they have to advance to the second slide before that course would be marked as complete (giving them time to read what is on the first slide, which is where the important information should be located).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I used the approach @Jenna M. suggested to turn of the return to learning plan. I like this feature when users are going through the training. I don’t like it when teaching technical or process training because users cannot revisit the content as a reference, they keep getting kicked back to the learning plan player. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@sjennings78  and @maryanneharrison  thanks for the suggestion. I will try slides

@Jenna M. and @dianex.gomez I am trying to avoid SCORM as it is just a single page of text, but I will absolutely consider it. 

This seems like something I shouldn’t have to create a workaround for Since it will affect any course in a learning plan. This may also explain why none of my test learners realized they could download certificates of completion. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We ran into the same thing. I just added a feedback survey as my last material.

Userlevel 3

This was an additional feature Docebo added in over a year ago as before hand it wouldn’t take you back to the learning plan and we found that users would complete 1 course in the learning plan and think they were finished, so when looking at completion reports, loads of people were stopping after the first course.

I think adding in a slide viewer would get the information you require on screen to your users.

It might also be worth an automated email to the users after they complete the course with instructions on how to download their completion certificates, either from the course itself, or from the My Activities page (if you use it)