Best Answer

Looking for an easy way to make quizzes from text - based on ChatGPT output

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello,

We are generating quizzes using subtitle files (and course descriptions).

Does anyone have a utility that can convert text in the following format into either a docebo-compatible moodle quiz or an articulate rise quiz?

It needs some human touchup, but this is amazing!

My prompt was “generate a 10 question multiple choice quiz from the following subtitle transcript: “ followed by pasting in the text from a 5kb subtitle file.

1. What are the two sides in the war that's raging inside us mentioned in the transcript? a) Lion and tiger b) Dragon and goat c) Elephant and rhino d) Hawk and dove
  2. What is the dragon mentioned in the transcript a nickname for? a) The elephantine part of the brain b) The goat-like part of the brain c) The reptilian part of the brain d) The avian part of the brain
  3. What is the limbic system in the amygdala according to the transcript? a) The dragon b) The goat c) The fight or flight zone d) The comfort zone
  4. What does the dragon represent in the transcript? a) A part of our brain that tries to look for opportunities b) A part of our brain that scans constantly for threats c) A part of our brain that promotes growth d) A part of our brain that ensures success
  5. What does the goat represent in the transcript? a) A part of our brain that represents our fears b) A part of our brain that represents our individual greatest of all time c) A part of our brain that represents our lowest moments d) A part of our brain that represents our past experiences
  6. What does the dragon do according to the transcript? a) It is responsible for keeping us small b) It is responsible for promoting growth c) It is responsible for creating opportunities d) It is responsible for making us successful
  7. What is the purpose of the goat according to the transcript? a) To ensure that we never take risks b) To showcase our amazing talent, skills, and potential c) To keep us small and limit our growth d) To encourage us to live in the past
  8. What is the risk associated with pursuing the goat according to the transcript? a) There is no risk b) It is risky to go and do something c) It is risky to quit a job and start something d) It is risky to stay in a job
  9. How does the dragon interfere with pursuing the goat according to the transcript? a) The dragon does not interfere with pursuing the goat b) The dragon is so loud and strong that it limits our ability to pursue the goat c) The dragon actively promotes pursuing the goat d) The dragon is not mentioned in the context of pursuing the goat
  10. What happens if one constantly feeds the dragon according to the transcript? a) The goat becomes stronger b) The dragon becomes weaker c) The dragon becomes stronger d) The goat becomes weaker
icon

Best answer by Alan 2 February 2023, 09:54

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if you know how to code a GIFT file, you can then import it. You might try exporting a sample file to see how it’s set-up...based on HTML.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

See below

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

convert the following quiz into moodle GIFT code: "[insert quiz here]”

It got two questions wrong, but it wasn’t given the answers (or the transcript), so that’s not too bad.

It can’t directly make the GIFT from the transcript, I tried.

Does this conform to GIFT? I know nothing about it.

::Q1
What are the two sides in the war that's raging inside us mentioned in the transcript?
a) Lion and tiger
b) Dragon and goat
c) Elephant and rhino
d) Hawk and dove
{b}

::Q2
What is the dragon mentioned in the transcript a nickname for?
a) The elephantine part of the brain
b) The goat-like part of the brain
c) The reptilian part of the brain
d) The avian part of the brain
{c}

::Q3
What is the limbic system in the amygdala according to the transcript?
a) The dragon
b) The goat
c) The fight or flight zone
d) The comfort zone
{c}

::Q4
What does the dragon represent in the transcript?
a) A part of our brain that tries to look for opportunities
b) A part of our brain that scans constantly for threats
c) A part of our brain that promotes growth
d) A part of our brain that ensures success
{b}

::Q5
What does the goat represent in the transcript?
a) A part of our brain that represents our fears
b) A part of our brain that represents our individual greatest of all time
c) A part of our brain that represents our lowest moments
d) A part of our brain that represents our past experiences
{d}

::Q6
What does the dragon do according to the transcript?
a) It is responsible for keeping us small
b) It is responsible for promoting growth
c) It is responsible for creating opportunities
d) It is responsible for making us successful
{a}

::Q7
What is the purpose of the goat according to the transcript?
a) To ensure that we never take risks
b) To showcase our amazing talent, skills, and potential
c) To keep us small and limit our growth
d) To encourage us to live in the past
{d}

::Q8
What is the risk associated with pursuing the goat according to the transcript?
a) There is no risk
b) It is risky to go and do something
c) It is risky to quit a job and start something
d) It is risky to stay in a job
{b}

::Q9
How does the dragon interfere with pursuing the goat according to the transcript?
a) The dragon does not interfere with pursuing the goat
b) The dragon is so loud and strong that it limits our ability to pursue the goat
c) The dragon actively promotes pursuing the goat
d) The dragon is not mentioned in the context of pursuing the goat
{b}

::Q10
What happens if one constantly feeds the dragon according to the transcript?
a) The goat becomes stronger
b) The dragon becomes weaker
c) The dragon becomes stronger
d) The goat becomes weaker
{c}

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

think part of your message was cut off (from what I see in the email preview).

To see what an actual GIFT file looks like, you would need to download one of your existing quizzes. it’s a little more complex than what you have above.

Question: did you get ChatGPT to create the format you have above?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

think part of your message was cut off (from what I see in the email preview).

To see what an actual GIFT file looks like, you would need to download one of your existing quizzes. it’s a little more complex than what you have above.

Question: did you get ChatGPT to create the format you have above?

It looks almost the same. I did use ChatGPT to make the format above, I told it to convert the quiz into “moodle GIFT code”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Very cool. I’m going to try it out too

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I bet this can be fully automated somehow.

I will definitely post in Ideas in a few days. But basically, if that ChatGPT code that is supposedly “moodle GIFT code” could be directly imported into Docebo, that would obviously be amazing for not just me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree it’s so close but you’d need to be open to whatever questions it creates or at least able to edit a few you like less 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very cool. I’m going to try it out too

lmk if you need any sample transcripts, I have loads!

It worked fine with a WebVTT directly pasted including timecodes. No need to reparse to a transcript if VTT is your source file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Agree it’s so close but you’d need to be open to whatever questions it creates or at least able to edit a few you like less 

Yeah, I think generating 10 questions and picking 5-7 works well for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab @lrodman 

This is a great idea for a ChatGPT use case.  

I just tested it myself and got a GIFT-formatted output that worked perfectly without any adjustments. It took two attempts, where on the second attempt I gave it an example extract from a GIFT I exported from Docebo. This helped ChatGPT to fine-tune it’s output to match. 

This could save hours of work for some of my colleagues!  Must be many other opportunities to use it in the LMS. I’m thinking optimisation of CSS could be another … hmmm!

Alan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

How did you format your second attempt, “make a quiz that looks like this [insert] from the following text[insert[“?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lrnlab @lrodman 

This is a great idea for a ChatGPT use case.  

I just tested it myself and got a GIFT-formatted output that worked perfectly without any adjustments. It took two attempts, where on the second attempt I gave it an example extract from a GIFT I exported from Docebo. This helped ChatGPT to fine-tune it’s output to match. 

This could save hours of work for some of my colleagues!  Must be many other opportunities to use it in the LMS. I’m thinking optimisation of CSS could be another … hmmm!

Alan

I’m also doing course descriptions with it. CSS is a great idea! I’m trying to have it write an app for me in swift as well (ios)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

How did you format your second attempt, “make a quiz that looks like this [insert] from the following text[insert[“?

Actually, I just followed-up with this:

The example gift script was pasted straight from a GIFT exported from Docebo. It then gave me the questions I needed in the same format, which worked perfectly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

How do you get ChatGPT to create a GIFT quiz with specific questions? Not ones generated by the tool.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab 

If you already have some questions prepared, you should just be able to paste them into the ChatGPT prompt and ask it to convert them to the GIFT format. 

However, I have found that it is often better than me at thinking up the actual questions!  😅   When experimenting with it earlier, I pasted-in the text from a 1000-word document and asked it to suggest the questions, and it did a great job. 

Alan

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx @Alan I’ll give it a try

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

An older but great thread. A content builder that we use - Easygenerator - has created an EasyAI. It will actually build question recommendations for you based on the content that you have generated in the course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

An older but great thread. A content builder that we use - Easygenerator - has created an EasyAI. It will actually build question recommendations for you based on the content that you have generated in the course.

This makes the gift quiz? Or just gives you q’s automatically.