Ahref HTML being duplicated for no reason

• 12 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi Community,

I have a Power Automate workflow that sends a calendar invitation when a user is enrolled into a session.

Whatever I write in the session description, will be reflected in the body of the calendar invitation.

So what we do is ahref the teams meeting link.

The issue, however, is that for some reason it duplicates the links.

@Docebo support say “they dont support html” but in this case I believe this is a system flaw.

What do you guys think? any ideas?
Screenshot of double link attached.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hard to say without seeing the actual code...are you able to share that? Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bfarkas - flagging one of those folks that have worked the story.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Would be great to see the power automate flow as a whole and then the specific email block. BTW you can insert Docebo links in the location field too and they work out typically instead of the ‘Link Inside’ text.

Does the double link show in the preview on PA side?

When you go to the flow run, and check the output can you see it there?

Are you using the Outlook Connector or something else to make the calendar invitation?

Often the Outlook Connector is not great with maintaining its styles, often i know some folks who basically build out a variable or compose element with the HTML they want inserted into the body, and then just plop that item in to avoid it. The WYSIWYG is not the best...

Here is the actual code, I just changed the website (Israel sports website):

<a href="https://www.sport5.co.il">Click here to join the meeting</a>

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Here is the actual code, I just changed the website (Israel sports website):

<a href="https://www.sport5.co.il">Click here to join the meeting</a>

That’s not the full code, you have an image underneath at least. Without seeing full details it is very hard to troubleshoot these things. You are sharing where you think the issue is, but if you knew the issue you wouldn’t be asking us :)

Unless you can say you cleared everything else, just put the above in and it came out as double still?

Also would still be useful to see the PA flow and details as well. 

Would be great to see the power automate flow as a whole and then the specific email block. BTW you can insert Docebo links in the location field too and they work out typically instead of the ‘Link Inside’ text.

Does the double link show in the preview on PA side?

When you go to the flow run, and check the output can you see it there?

Are you using the Outlook Connector or something else to make the calendar invitation?

Often the Outlook Connector is not great with maintaining its styles, often i know some folks who basically build out a variable or compose element with the HTML they want inserted into the body, and then just plop that item in to avoid it. The WYSIWYG is not the best...

Thanks for the comprehensive response!

1. Regarding the location - unfortunately can't control it since its “preset”
  2. It doesn’t show as duplicated
  3. We are not using outlook connector since its not GDPR compliant (as it asks for “Read.Write”) permission

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for some details, but would be useful to know what you are using then, it is very hard to help without details as there are a 100 ways to do these things.