Best Answer

Central Repository Preview URL resetting

• 8 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,  I’m trying to iFrame a piece of xAPI content hosted within the central repository into a piece of learning.  At first it works, however, after approximately 12 hours I then receive a ‘401’ error message.  It appears that the preview link I’m using is a temporary url which refreshes every 12 hours.  Is there a way to get the preview url link to be static so the xAPI content remains available within the learning content?

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 9 September 2022, 13:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good afternoon @elliotmi.

Help me understand something - you iframed a training material into another course?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, so those preview URLs have a temporary token for authentication built into them and they do expire. I have not found a way to work around that as of yet and is a bit of a sharing security thing, so not sure that a method would be great to recommend if it did go around it.

Userlevel 1

@dklinger Yes, but the material that’s being iframed is simply being used as a bespoke interactive component.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Probably either need to simply host it on a server of some kind or just have it added directly to your content packages multiple times unfortunately. 

Userlevel 1

@Bfarkas Unfortunately I think we will struggle to get an agreement from our IT security to host anywhere else.  I may take a look at manually adding it into the content packages but last time I tried this I couldn’t get it to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Unfortunately I think we will struggle to get an agreement from our IT security to host anywhere else.  I may take a look at manually adding it into the content packages but last time I tried this I couldn’t get it to work.

Yeah. I would be nice to have some sort of plain hosting space with some restrictions within the platform for sure. 

Userlevel 1

@Bfarkas I’ve managed to add it into the content package and it now works which is a great step forward - thank you!