Skip to main content

Hello,

I am curious.  Does anyone know if there is a way to use HTML/CSS to hide courses that are ‘Under Maintenance’ from the learner’s dashboard?  We have courses that we have retired from our catalog, but unfortunately, if a learner was enrolled, they still appear on the learner’s screen with a lock symbol and ‘Under Maintenance.’  We have considered using enrollment archiving but there are some limitations there as well…

Thanks for any tips or advice!

Short answer is, No. not sure CSS would be helpful in this case as it would need some logic to know to hide only those courses that are under maintenance…

Users can hide them from their My Courses page but not on the personal summary…

Archiving is. the closest you can get to hide those but I get that this is not always the preferred solution based on the many limitations of archiving.

Okay - thank you for the reply!  Hopefully Docebo gets the ideas portal back up soon.  I know the ability to retire or archive a course was raised there several times….maybe it can be raised and voted on again. :)

When you retired them from your catalog, did you remove them from their course catalog(s), learning plans and/or channels? 

When you retired them from your catalog, did you remove them from their course catalog(s), learning plans and/or channels? 

they would still be viewable on the personal summary even if under maintenance, not in catalogues, etc.

Okay - thank you for the reply!  Hopefully Docebo gets the ideas portal back up soon.  I know the ability to retire or archive a course was raised there several times….maybe it can be raised and voted on again. :)

you can follow the ideas with this post:

they would still be viewable on the personal summary even if under maintenance, not in catalogues, etc.

Correct. I was just going to suggest it so it might cause less confusion, if there is any, and suggest editing the title of the course to include something like inactive or retired so people aren’t thinking it is truly ‘Under Maintenance’. I really wish we had another option there too. It is by no means a fix, but helps clear things up on the user end and might be marginally less annoying. 

Hi @missyb - yes - we do all of that. We also notate in the title of the course ‘RETIRED’ and even include a thumbnail that says retired.  The issue is that even if they are retired, removed from the catalog, and the learning plans, if someone is enrolled, or started the course, it stays on their dashboard.  :(

I also wish Docebo had a better way, because even with doing this, we still hear lots of feedback from our users that they want the system to somehow hide or remove from the dashboard.  They don’t want to do this themselves.  We explored archiving, but there were way too many limitations with archiving from a reporting perspective, so we could not implement.  

I will check out and follow the suggested post.  Thank you both for the replies and suggestions!

Hi @missyb - yes - we do all of that. We also notate in the title of the course ‘RETIRED’ and even include a thumbnail that says retired.  The issue is that even if they are retired, removed from the catalog, and the learning plans, if someone is enrolled, or started the course, it stays on their dashboard.  :(

I also wish Docebo had a better way, because even with doing this, we still hear lots of feedback from our users that they want the system to somehow hide or remove from the dashboard.  They don’t want to do this themselves.  We explored archiving, but there were way too many limitations with archiving from a reporting perspective, so we could not implement.  

I will check out and follow the suggested post.  Thank you both for the replies and suggestions!

10,000% agree! We just do the best we can with the options we have.