Best Answer

Hiding breadcrums on specific courses

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Helper II
  • 88 replies

Is there anyway to hide the breadcrumbs entirely on a specific course page? My new starter onboarding is very step by step and I don’t want them clicking on “My courses and learning plans” in the breadcrumbs at the top of the course page. However, I do want that available for normal users on normal courses.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 29 September 2023, 16:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Maz I am not aware of such a possibility. The only workaround I can think of is to enable auto-play for that course and (if it’s a SCORM-based course) make the content play on a full-screen, so once a learner opens the course, they will only see the course content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using the new course player or classic on the courses you are interested in?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ohhhh does that make a difference? We’re currently on classic, but of course we will be switching to the new one in the future. I didn’t think the breadcrumbs were part of the player?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

eh, I was hoping to do a workaround, but it does not seem doable without a script due to nesting. The reason I had asked is in the new player, each main region now has a class tied to the course ID:

Unfortunately, the breadcrumbs are contained in the header area and not in the same hierarchy as this one so cant do a select only if it contains lrn-course-player-122 for example like i was hoping to.

So with this now ruled out, I’d just give my usual disclaimer against such over arching control using work arounds like custom CSS, since it is not universal and there almost always are ways around it, changes, or things like the mobile app ignoring it, I find it better to just make it strongly push the person the right way, and teach them how to navigate around if lost.

Userlevel 5
Badge

No worries, thanks for at least confirming my suspicions!