Skip to main content
Best Answer

Rotating Banner using Google Slides

• 12 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello! 

I recently learned about inserting a rotating banner using Google Slides to our home page. An easy enough process and I have it 95% done. I have the HTML code and am inserting the code as an HTML widget. It works perfectly fine, but I do notice that it has the “Google Slides” bar at the bottom of it, almost like it is doing a presentation. Does anyone know how to remove this bar? I’ve looked at several threads that also use Slides to HTML banners, but haven’t found anything. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Watch this guy to get you going in the right direction - I believe it is adding a parameter to tell the iframe to have a minimal player - which is adding the command &rm=minimal to the embed code.

For example:

"https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/blahblahblahblahblah/embed?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000&rm=minimal”

It is! I saw a tutorial doing it in an iFrame link, but didn’t do it in the HTML code where the link was. That got it working, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@isteiner - I think you are going to run into some responsive design issues when working with it.

There are “more code” and low to no code solutions out there that are in the community for you to explore. I dont work for these guys - but a best fit solution for us with a minimal cost model is comslider.com

@isteiner - I think you are going to run into some responsive design issues when working with it.

There are “more code” and low to no code solutions out there that are in the community for you to explore. I dont work for these guys - but a best fit solution for us with a minimal cost model is comslider.com

I agree! Unfortunately, using comslider isn’t an option for us right now per our IT team approving using it.