Question

Automatic enrollment into an ILT session/event based on addition field date field.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello, We already have users being enrolled into ILT courses via groups (not sessions and events).

However we would like to know if it’s possible to auto enroll users into a specific session and event based on their hire date? Is there a way to create this logic?

Our goal is to automate importing a user based on their hire date to be enrolled into a specific ILT course, session and event. I know in groups you are able to add additional fields and Hire date is one of our additional fields. However, without using logic we’ll have to change the date every two weeks.

We hold classes bi-monthly, so the additional field group logic (essentially the hire date) will need to be updated constantly. We would like to automate that process if possible
We already have a FEED-Import Daily going with our ADP software which imports the new hires so they are already in the database.

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ncassella think your only way to do this would be via the APIs.

Userlevel 3

Apart from the API method previously mentioned, I’m not sure of a way to do this automatically. That said, a partially automated method might be to turn to enrolling learners via CSV.

You could potentially create a report of new users, leveraging the usernames from it to build a CSV in Excel that enrolls people in one or many sessions.

Enrolling Users into Courses – Docebo Help & Support

Userlevel 5
Badge

@lrnlab can you talk more about API options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab can you talk more about API options?

Im not an API expert but am thinking the API can be used to update the Group criteria on a regular basis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So theres a couple of ways to go that you could do this via API’s. I don’t think I would go the group route unless there are other things built out based on that and it was the easiest starting point.

You can technically just update the rule every two weeks, trigger a group refresh and move on.

What I would probably ask though if exploring as a real solve down this route would be, it sounds like you are running a session for users who have been hired within the past 2 weeks? If yes, I would probably instead either use a webhook on user creation, or do a daily User report check (you can do this via API as well) which looks for users that were added that day, and enrolls them into the next session.

You could of course, if doing this already have this process basically generate the sessions for you too, but thats just another nice to have.

Anyways, if going the API route, lots of ways to achieve this.