Course historic data migration.

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We have created a course historic  upload process using the API /learn/v1/enrollment/batch.

The problem is that the process does not accept files with more than 200 lines.

We need to upload files with more than 45,000 lines, totaling more than 1,200,000 lines, which makes it impossible to process 6.000 files to complete this job.

Docebo's technical service gave us 7 weeks to complete this work, which affects our schedule.

Does anyone have experience having created this process?
Can you guide me on how to solve the processing limitation problem?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos If Docebo told you 7 weeks, it sounds like the limit is the limit and that there is no work around to the 200 lines. Tech Services is limited to using API and Application App tools, similar to what Admins are limited to.

Perhaps you could either limit the data that needs to be migrated (say, by the number of years prior), or prioritize the data in terms of what is the most crucial data (say, by courses, or by users) to have in for launch with the remainder coming as time allows.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KMallette , Docebo is not limited to 200 lines file. They will spend 6 weeks planning and testing and one week to process.

Week 1: Kick Off and preparation
○ ● Weeks 2-3: Data Validation

○ ● Week 4-5-6: Migration rehearsal

○ ● Week 7: Production Migration

○ During the Production Migration phase Docebo will:

■ Run a full migration on Customer’s Production platform

■ Report on results and potential problems

it came as a surprise when I learned that the LMS does not have a course history loading functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos I apologize… we used their services about 4 years ago when we first implemented our platform and did run in to some limitations on their file sizes, as well as historic completion dates. 3 weeks for “practice” does seem a bit much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@msantosI apologize… we used their services about 4 years ago when we first implemented our platform and did run in to some limitations on their file sizes, as well as historic completion dates. 3 weeks for “practice” does seem a bit much.

No problem. I agreed with you...