Groups Management with FarkTools now Available in Beta!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy to announce that after a bit of work, we are ready to release our second tool in beta: Groups Management!

This tool is focused on easily managing all your Docebo Groups. Once you setup and authenticate via an OAuth2 app (don’t worry we walk you through it, no need to fear the API here ;) ) An overview of your groups will load:

You can search, sort, and download your groups overview information, including their Docebo Unique ID which can come in handy for other actions. Easily find empty groups that might be broken or need cleanup!

We plan to offer updating and deleting in an update soon, so stay tuned.

If you have not checked out the original tool, a CSS Configuration Wizard, check it out too.

Accounts are free, we just hope for feedback to help improve things. 

This is the first tool that works with the Docebo API, so we kept it simple, but there are some big plans down the line!

https://fark.tools

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bfarkas I would love to try this tool!! I’ve created my account; what’s next? Do you have some documentation for me to follow for the authentication?

Best wishes for your venture!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @KMallette there is some short info in the FAQ, but honestly we wrote it quick to get the beta out. 

Once you are in, you want to go to the ‘API Connections’ page (https://fark.tools/api-connections/) and configure an OAuth2 setup profile between Docebo and FarkTools. We did this centrally so you can reuse them between other future tools.

If you have not created an OAuth2 app in Docebo before, there are directions on the add modal directly for you to follow:

Once you have this configured (annoying I know), go back to group management, select the profile from the drop down and select authenticate (btw, you can get back to the api connection page from your dashboard or from the gear next to that dropdown below:

Once you are authenticated, the groups should load on page in a few moments.
If you run into issue, send me a DM and am happy to help or look into.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@KMallette I just pushed some updates to make this naturally more clear for first time users. If you do not have the api config setup, it now tells you that and provides a direct way to the api connection page clearly. If you get to the api connections page and do not have any profiles saved, the add opens with the extra instructions pre-loaded.

Let me know if this helped compared to earlier :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those interested in this tool, there is now the ability to download a CSV of the current members of any of the groups and holds up through any of the filters or sorting you do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Easily find empty groups that might be broken or need cleanup!

Hello world! If you haven’t give it a try? DO IT! It makes one of my UI group ideas come to life…and seriously - this one belongs in the system…we really should not need to drill in to each group to understand the count of users in any given one…and now YOU DONT NEED TO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Easily find empty groups that might be broken or need cleanup!

Hello world! If you haven’t give it a try? DO IT! It makes one of my UI group ideas come to life…and seriously - this one belongs in the system…we really should not need to drill in to each group to understand the count of users in any given one…and now YOU DONT NEED TO.

Glad you are enjoying Dan!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m trying to learn PowerAutomate and PowerBI. Any tutorials on basics? My plan was to have PowerAutomate pull all completions in the past 15 minutes every 5 minutes, and all users hourly, and nothing else. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Bfarkas I’m interested in learning more about this. Any tips on making a business case to my boss to purchase FarkTools? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bfarkas I’m interested in learning more about this. Any tips on making a business case to my boss to purchase FarkTools? 

It’s on the root beer system.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@KMallette Please explain? I’ve heard of “free like a puppy, not free like a beer” (see https://www.freelikeapuppy.tech/) but this is a new one for me...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KMallette Please explain? I’ve heard of “free like a puppy, not free like a beer” (see https://www.freelikeapuppy.tech/) but this is a new one for me...

He likes root beer, so that’s the tag on his donation link “Buy me a root beer” … but seriously, there is a subscription system involving more standard coin of the realm. (my answer was a bit off the cuff … my apologies)

As for business case for a subscription, I’d suggest describing some of the tasks that you want to do via API, and then your personal struggles in learning APIs or in getting resources within your company to help implement APIs. If you can match those up with the tools that Brian’s site offers that could help them understand the value to you.

Personally, I’ve found Brian’s site helpful in getting me started down the path of understanding APIs. The tool for enrolling/unenrolling is really helpful.