LinkedIn Learning integration

• 25 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello community,

We're considering integrating LinkedIn Learning into Docebo to get some content from them and we have some details that are not very clear for us.

I would be very interested in getting to know your experience with LinkedIn Learning, especially on the below topics:

• How the implementation took place? And how long it takes
  • By default catalog with all LinkedIn Learning courses - can be deactivated?
  • If a user accesses a course from this by default LinkedIn Learning catalog - will this behave as a imported course? Appears in Course Management section and the report will be available directly on Docebo?
  • From LinkedIn Learning we can import learning paths or courses, but can we also import just a lesson from one course? Let’s say there is a course with 3 lessons inside (videos) - can we import only 1 video and use it as a training material for one of our course in Docebo?
  • Lessons learned

All feedback appreciated!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can’t speak to it myself, but theres a bunch of threads you might want to read:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @dmihai01 ,

Not an expert here but this is what I learned, hope it’s helpful:

• How the implementation took place? And how long it takes. If you already have LinkedIn Learning licenses provided to your employees, all you have to do is access LinkedIn content via your Admin view to connect it to your Docebo. You’ll then see the library under your Marketplace. Takes some time for the full library to sync and you can read more here.
  • By default catalog with all LinkedIn Learning courses - can be deactivated? Not sure I understand it correctly but yes you should be able to hide the catalogue from all users by just removing access, or not adding the access at all.
  • If a user accesses a course from this by default LinkedIn Learning catalog - will this behave as a imported course? Appears in Course Management section and the report will be available directly on Docebo? I never used the default catalogue, the main idea was to source content via the help of LinkedIn Learning team and only import stuff relevant for us. However I imagine this would be the standard functionality as for all Docebo content providers. Once someone accesses the content, it will be imported in that learner’s library (but not available to all).
  • From LinkedIn Learning we can import learning paths or courses, but can we also import just a lesson from one course? Let’s say there is a course with 3 lessons inside (videos) - can we import only 1 video and use it as a training material for one of our course in Docebo? You should check about this with LinkedIn Learning, but honestly I don’t think so, unless they have this feature hidden somewhere. I kind of find this highly unlikely to be done (unless you have a custom solution implemented).
  • Lessons learned

Lessons learned and a few notes:

• The access to content isn’t that seamless if you think about it. I assume you’d have an integration between your main HCM platform (or other solution) and LinkedIn first to sync your user data?
  • Your licenses on LinkedIn learning must match your users on Docebo (unless you have some specific catalogues to restrict to specific people)
  • Prior to accessing content your learner has to be logged into LinkedIn Learning (so Docebo actually knows their account has a license)
  • At the end of the day you really have two LMSs as I suppose you wouldn’t import all LinkedIn content onto Docebo and let your users still access LinkedIn page?
  • Just my unpoular opinion - LinkedIn Learning isn’t my favourite provider in regards to content, UI/UX and costs :)
  • LinkedIn has content mapping services - typically included in their costs. Definitely worth checking out when you have specific learning needs and need help sourcing.
  • There’s also a content corner to find some themed content too.
  • We moved away from LinkedIn Learning and don’t regret that decision yet :) There are lots of cool providers offering bite-sized training that the learners like more.
Userlevel 2

Hi @sabine.deliveroo ,

Thanks for the notes. We’re doing a pilot with LIL to see what our people thin. I’m curious as you’ve moved away from LIL what providers have you found that your learners like more?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @sbessen , we went with Go1 as we were looking for more bite-sized and quick content. Obviously it doesn’t satisfy everyones needs, but we do see some good data in regards to self-led learning and it’s easier to incorporate Go1 content into our digital learning initiatives. Let me know if I can give you any more info about this :) 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @sabine.deliveroo that’s helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

As far as I can see courses don’t get marked as complete when you import a LinkedIn learning module.  People who enrol are permanently ‘enrolled’ unless you complete them manually. (I'd love if someone new a way around this).

Userlevel 2

@dmihai01  I’ve been reviewing a lot of implementation documentation and found that yes you can use single videos as training materials.  I’ve confirmed this with our LIL rep who didn’t know this functionality existed either.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/learning/lms-integrations/integration-docs/standard-aicc