Skip to main content

Pre-work for not yet active users/pre-hires

• 6 November 2023
  • 7 replies

We are looking to assign pre-work to new hires prior to their start date and were wondering best practices for this process. We currently use Workday and are using a single sign on and are running into issues assigning a field as they change from pre-hire to regular hire. Wondering if anyone has done this before while onboarding? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

How are you provisioning the pre-hires? Do you create temporary profiles for them?

Badge

Hi Irnlab, thank you for replying!  We had not explored a temporary profile since we would like the pre-work to show complete and follow them while they transition to an active hire. Their profile in Workday is created prior to their start date and we are unable to have the process be automated by start date since a day needs to be selected. We were exploring the option of using their personal email address and change to their work email once they are onboarded but again a manual process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I guess that depends on how you update Docebo from Workday...if your volumes are relatively low, you could create their profiles manually with the proper business email and once Workday takes over, they would simply update the profile...This is always a difficult spot for most systems. Sorry I dont know enough about your business process to provide more information...you can also merge profiles (again manually) if that’s easier...

Badge

I see, we do have a decent amount of new hires on a regular basis so we are trying to avoid the manual process of merging profiles or updating profiles. Ideal state would be for the new user (who is not yet started) to be sent an email to their personal email with the pre-work to complete in the LMS. When they become a new hire on their first day, their profile will update and an onboarding plan, catalogs, etc. and their pre-work is showed. I appreciate the options provided, we may just need to select an option that is more manual and make sure it’s updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree there is no real automate way to do this unless you have your automation reference a table that would have the personal email matched to the business email with some sort of rule that searches for a common data point like an employee number or other. 

How do you create the pre-hire profiles now?

Badge

We are just starting the onboarding process for Docebo so we do not have pre-hire profiles or any users yet. Our current process is we have an email we send with information for them to review and complete to their personal emails and we use a third party for the content. Our current LMS does not have a pre-work sending option as a function so we were hoping to find a way to complete this step in our new platform. 

We are exploring using employee ID since that does not change from pre-hire to hire. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

ok I understand...an employee ID will certainly allow for more options...