Skip to main content

Hi - 

Love the new calendar template for Connect Outlook recipes! We want to make some small modifications to include an opening sentence. I may be missing it but I don’t see course link included in the schema or html in the new recipes/outlook calendar event template (“The relevant course link is added to the calendar entries”) Will it be added?

Docebo Connect recipe updates for Google Calendar and Microsoft Office 365 Calendar adding new features
For those using Docebo Connect for Google Calendar or Docebo Connect for Microsoft Office 365 Calendar, the integrations now include the following features:

• Room and location information added to calendar entries
  • The relevant course link is added to the calendar entries
  • Users can be hidden in calendar invites
  • Calendar entries are removed when a learner is unenrolled from a course or learning plan
  • Making use of a standard message template for calendar invitations

wish list: it would be nice to be able to duplicate the calendar event template

Is there a Docebo Connect Group/Community?

Thank you!

Following as I too am looking for this elusive Session enrolment link...

Says it’s should be released as per the October Release post however on the Feature Roadmap, it still shows as under development...reached out to Erin to ask.

There is a message template where adjustments can be made to the email body without stopping and editing the recipe. The new recipes call this message template. You’ll need to add your respective HTML to brand, alter the look-and-feel and edit copy.

However, in all iterations of the Outlook | Docebo Connect solution you can create a course link. If you are adding the required HTML to the message template or the “description of the event’, you can create a link to the course if you have the ID of the course from a previous step in the recipe. For example, the course ID datapill would be added to the {{course_id}} section of the link.

In order to access the course click <a href="https://yourplatform.docebosaas.com/learn/course/{{course_id}}">here</a>

@lrnlab , what do you mean by session enrollment link? Do you perhaps mean the platform generated course enrollment link? Or do you simply mean a link to the session the user is enrolled into? If the latter, you can follow the same instructions with the course above. Garner the session ID and utilize the session_id datapill for any links you create.

@Austin Arrowood I was asking about the Session links mentioned in the October release but it seems this has not yet landed in our sandbox..?? Unless you know where I can find that option to enable it..??

from this post: 

As well, I tried using the option to “Hide attendees” but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still see the invitees on the calendar invites as well as on the Connect calendar. Opened a ticket with support and it has been escalated...Has anyone found a way to get this to work? Do we have to update our Connect templates with some code to get this to not show all attendees in the invite?

@Austin Arrowood 

@lrnlab I see the option in my internal platform. This is what you aren’t seeing?

@lrnlab This course option allows you the flexibility of hiding the attendees on a course-by-course basis.

In your “Create Update or Delete Outlook Calendar Event” recipe there are places where the Microsoft API is being called to either update or create an event on your Outlook Calendar. During these events you can elect to hide attendees. Edit the steps in the recipe where the event is being updating or creating like this: 

Before, the recipe was looking at for the course flag. After, it’s looking to the custom value of “Yes.” A note of caution. Making these changes will hide all attendees to all future events created or updated by the recipe 

Thx @Austin Arrowood I will give it a try. 

@Austin Arrowood will get back to you on the Connect piece but checked again and we do not have the Session Link available in production. I can see it in our sandbox only...