Best Answer

SSO Link from Member Portal

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

We’ve been struggling with SSO implementation, and we’re 30 days into a support ticket with no light at the end of the tunnel, despite escalation and looping in account managers. Turning to the community for support…

Here’s the scenario – we’ve got a custom OpenID provider for our industry, and many of the apps our stakeholders utilize have the same SSO integration. All our users start from our custom member portal where they are authenticated into our OpenID SSO provider. From here, we intend to have our Docebo users click a link to be taken into the LMS directly, without having to authenticate again. 

Here’s the problem – as of right now, if you go straight to our LMS login page, and click the “Login with OpenID Connect”, it works perfectly. However, the Login URL that we intend to embed in our member portal that we’ve been provided is not working. It takes users to the LMS login page and says there’s an error. However, in that scenario, they’re already authenticated in our SSO and should be taken straight into the LMS. Yes, the user exists in the LMS. 

Does anyone have a similar setup? Can anyone help? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 29 February 2024, 23:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you tried removing the option that allows users to either login manually or use SSO? It will remove the SSO button and should allow your users to get in seamlessly.

+ you will also want to add a logout landing page URL so they are not redirected to the LMS login page but back to your internal site.

have you tried removing the option that allows users to either login manually or use SSO? It will remove the SSO button and should allow your users to get in seamlessly.

+ you will also want to add a logout landing page URL so they are not redirected to the LMS login page but back to your internal site.

Candidly, I was a little nervous to uncheck that box given that the login page was the only way to get in. And alas, it works perfectly as expected. I’m not sure how/why it took Docebo support 30+ days to glance over that setting, and in one case even tell me that it was setup properly, but I am eternally grateful for you. Thank you!