Best practice for Rise 360 Course Export (SCORM or xAPI)

• 2 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but while I’ve seen several posts talking about tracking issues with Rise 360 courses, I’ve not found one that details best practices for export.

Apart from knowing xAPI is a newer standard than SCORM, I’m far from an expert at the pros/cons of each format, and even less of an expert with each version. In my testing, while I’ve read Docebo can have trouble indexing xAPI for its global search, I’ve personally not found the SCORM content indexes particularly well for me either.

In that way, what is the recommended format for Rise 360 courses published to Docebo? SCORM or xAPI?

If SCORM, what version & edition works best/is recommended?

Thanks for any insights you’re able to offer.

1 reply

I’m not an expert either, but based on this other community post, Articulate Rise xAPI Completion in Docebo | Community

Using SCORM 3rd edition seems the best option instead of xAPI. You can see in this knowledge article that Docebo only supports SCORM 3rd edition: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128479-Uploading-and-managing-SCORM-as-training-material

And in this knowledge article from Articulate that they recommend if you are using SCORM, to use the highest edition possible for your LMS: Rise 360: How to Report Completion and Success Statuses to an LMS - Articulate Support