Question

Help With High Level Question about Branches and Groups for Multiple Organizations

• 9 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey everyone, I am both brand new to Docebo and using an LMS. I am a behavior analyst by trade, so this is definitely not my area of specialty. I am still going through the onboarding process, but I wanted to get folks thoughts on something. Keep in mind that my use case is probably odd because I am not confined to my organization. 

My program trains others across the world and nation on crisis management strategies. We either train people as user or trainers. For trainers we would like to set them up as power users to use docebo to locally manage their own unique courses and records. Our thought was to create a landing page and menu for all new users to enroll. After which they can either enroll in one of my teams scheduled classes or navigate to their organization’s page and menu. The latter part we have not quite figured out yet.

The idea is this - Company A comes to me for training. I plan on allowing them to sign up for docebo freely without moderation. From there, they would sign up for scheduled courses. If they are a user, their journey ends after completing the course. If they are a trainer, while training them, I will set up their organization's branch and pages. Upon completion, they would be reassigned as power users for their organization’s page (a page includes their own branch, group, page, menu, and unique course catalogues). We will provide the course templates and materials, but they are responsible for creating new sessions. 

My idea is that they can then share with the staff in their organization a link to register for docebo. This new user from Company A would start in the general landing page I mentioned previously. Once there, I would like them to be able to find a way to get to their organization’s page/branch without my involvement. Think like a button they press that communicates with their organization’s power user to request access. That or a report that a power user runs where they can only see their organization’s staff that are unassigned. This power user would then approve the trainee’s access and add them to their branch. Thus, allowing them to register for Company A’s course catalogues. I cannot automate this based on a group or it circumvents the landing page. Which is a problem if I have future powers users that need my training or if I am training a brand-new organization that does not exist. I also don’t want folks being added to branches without having some sort of approval, first. I also have zero band width, so uploading or approving records is not in the stars.

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Hi Seth,

Were you able to figure out how to set to automate this?

Please share. Thank you.