Question

Linking Pages to Other Pages

Hi!

I am wondering if there is a way to have a link on one page that leads to another page?

If that doesn’t work is there a way to add a tab at the top of the page area that would lead to another page?  Like where the arrow is in this image…

Any help anyone has would be awesome!  

Thanks!

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @ndeck ,

usually, you can add a link using the widget “custom content box” or the widget “image”, or if you want a link on the top that will be visible on all pages you can also insert a link in the Header from the Branding and Look settings, (you can see the example below) but this link will be visible also in the login page. 

From your image, I was wondering do you have changed the main aspect of the menu with CSS, and are the tab related to each page of the menu?

In this case, you can also create a “page external link” and add that page to your menu.

@eleonora.maggioni So I tried to use the custom widget on the main page to link to the secondary page but I can’t seem to find the right URL.  Where/how could I find that?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @ndeck,

you should copy the link from the “manage Pages”, clicking on the 3 ellipses of the related page, and clicking on “Copy URL” (you can see the example below)

I don’t seem to have that option…  Am I doing something wrong?  Also - I am using Dayforce and not Docebo but they are very similar

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interesting that you don’t see an option to copy the URL.  As an alternative, you can quickly assign the page to the menu that you are currently assigned and then access the page from your user menu.

Ok so I thought that would work too but I can’t seem to find the second page anywhere when I do it (please keep in mind that I am VERY new to this LMS haha).

In the screenshot below, the home page displays without issue but I can’t seem to find the second page that I have on this menu.  Where should it be displaying?  Have I done this correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ndeck no worries!  We all have been in your shoes before! 😁

To get this to work, you need to determine which menu within the system that you see.  Depending on how they are labeled, you may need to compare the pages listed on the menu screen to your own user menu (the hamburger or pancake icon on the top left). 

Once you have entered the manage menu page for the correct menu, follow the instructions outlined in this article on how to add pages to existing menus: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020081400-Creating-and-Managing-Custom-Menus-for-Users#subtitle-4

Once you add the page to the menu, you should refresh your browser and then the page will appear for you to open and grab that URL. 

OK so I did everything that you said but the link took me to the main login page LOL.  Not sure that I did it correctly so here are the steps I followed.

• I located the page that I want the main page to link to
  • Copied the URL from the address bar and pasted it into the custom widget area
  • Refreshed my page
  • Clicked the button and it took me to the login page

Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong?

I didn’t change menus back and forth though cuz I knew which one by the name of it…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OK so I did everything that you said but the link took me to the main login page LOL.  Not sure that I did it correctly so here are the steps I followed.

• I located the page that I want the main page to link to
  • Copied the URL from the address bar and pasted it into the custom widget area
  • Refreshed my page
  • Clicked the button and it took me to the login page

Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong?

If your platform is making use of a custom URL or multiple domains, you may see the log in screen when using a link that is different from the URL you are currently logged into. You may need to use the relative URL instead of the absolute URL.  

So what you do in this case take the URL for the page you created, and chop off everything from https to .com and only use the second part of that URL in the custom widget.

For example, I have the following url:

https://myplatform.docebosaas.com/pages/10/employee-homepage

You only need to paste in the following part of the url into the custom content widget:/pages/10/employee-homepage

This way, if you are using a platform that has several different custom URLs, no matter the URL, a user will be able to access that page as log as they are signed into the platform.

OK so I am not sure what’s going on cuz I think that the URL for both pages that I need to use are the same LOL. 😵

This is what I’m doing…

In the Manage Menu area I went to the menu for the Standard menu that has the main page that the company wants to use and made sure that Home Page default was the same main page.  I clicked on Learning to have the page display and checked that URL in the address bar.  Then I went back to the Manage Menu area and made the Home Page my second page that I want to find the URL for.  Saved the info.  Refreshed my browser and went back to Learning so the page would display.  The URL that was in the address bar was the exact same as for the first page.

Thoughts and opinions?  LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ndeck sorry for the delay in response!  

Without actually seeing your screen it is hard to follow the steps you are taking.  Here is another alternative to get a link to a page: build the URL manually. 😁

Follow these steps:

1. Find the ID of the page you want to link by going to Manage pages, and selecting to edit the page.  The ID of the page will be found in the URL. In this example the ID is highlighted:

2. The name of the page also appears in the URL, so take the name of the page and reformat it by replacing spaces with hyphens. So if you have a page titled: Employee Home and Learning, reformat it as such: employee-home-and-learning
  3. Build the full URL by replacing the appropriate elements in the URL below:

<your Docebo URL.com>/pages/<Page ID number>/<your page name>

So with the example I used my page url would be:

https://mydocebosaas.com/pages/35/employee-home-and-learning

Please keep in mind, if the page is not assigned to the appropriate menu, users will not be able to access the linked page, and rather they will see a 403 error.

As an added bonus if you want to learn more about creating pages that do not need to appear on the user menu, I highly recommend this post:

Best of luck getting this URL sorted out.   If you are not still able to get it, definitely reach out to support they can help.  Also, you are always welcome to reach out to me via a direct message.  I’m always happy to help. 

Thanks so much for all of your help!  I don’t think I’m following along very well with just messaging so I think I’ll reach out to support on this one!