Best Answer

Scope AR Worklink Scenarios in Training Materials

Userlevel 4

Does anyone have experience integrating scenarios created with the Scope AR Worklink application into training materials in Docebo? We are authoring augmented reality scenarios using Worklink for servicing our products and figuring out the best way to add them to training.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 8 August 2022, 20:40

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am not familiar with Worklink but can you publish them as SCORM files?

If not, what types of published formats do you have access to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm, I havn’t used this exact tool, but the other AR/VR tools I’ve used mostly either became iFrames or were just links to the publishing cloud or our server with the player hosted. Looks like this is not much different, based on this support article:

https://scopear.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4886988223117-CMS-Published-Content-Overview

Can you publish it online and then use the URL option in Docebo content?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bfarkas - I was thinking along the same lines.

That if we could publish something easily viewable in a browser that we could end up doing an iFrame or something to link to that external source it would be a start.

I know that Adobe Captivate has support for some VR stuff 360 images with hotspots and such but I might consider that a lower level of VR - compared to other things I have seen. Not sure where Worklink falls on the spectrum. The nice thing about the bit that Captivate can do is that you can publish it out as a SCORM package and load it up like any other module.

I suppose as long as some sort of third party plug-in is not required… not that it would make that a hard stop but it would certainly complicate things for the learners.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, this looks like pretty far on the highly useful AR spectrum of tools. I have done some work before where we took the published link version and brought into a storyline or captivate type thing and published as scorm (Or wrapped in my fake scorm wrapper), but adds an extra level of complexity if not needed and can just do the link directly if thats all it is.

Looking around their support site more, I don’t see a standard LMS format so probably something along these lines.

Userlevel 4

I am not familiar with Worklink but can you publish them as SCORM files?

If not, what types of published formats do you have access to?

Unfortunately you’re not able to publish the Scenarios as SCORM. The Scenarios are a set of 3D work instructions that are publishable online or offline to the WorkLink Application.

Userlevel 4

Hmm, I havn’t used this exact tool, but the other AR/VR tools I’ve used mostly either became iFrames or were just links to the publishing cloud or our server with the player hosted. Looks like this is not much different, based on this support article:

https://scopear.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4886988223117-CMS-Published-Content-Overview

We can publish it in an iFrame or as a QR code in their CMS application. But its a crude method that doesn’t provide any completion information beyond the learner clicked the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We can publish it in an iFrame or as a QR code in their CMS application. But its a crude method that doesn’t provide any completion information beyond the learner clicked the link.

So do they provide any method besides that? From my quick google it seemed like the only choice. 

I guess the question becomes, what are you hoping for? If the system doesn’t have any method for communicating with an LMS, how is it supposed to?

are you trying to have it complete when they do certain actions within the course instead of just at launch? You could always put in an end test, or a link for them to use at the end of the simulation that triggers a completion via api or something along those lines but would be a custom solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Alternatively, could you make a different piece of scorm content, which does some intro and then somewhere in the middle gives them the link to launch into the exercise, but they have to return to the scorm activity to finish and mark complete? This could get confusing if not extremely clear to users though. You could have a deep link back to the course from the exercise which resumes post simulation and finish to complete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Do you have any experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides and Hololens 2? I’m curious to know if it would be possible to connect the Mixed Reality learning experience with Docebo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What if you provide the link and give a separate quiz or perhaps use an assignment to provide a dropbox for learners to submit some sort of evidence of completion? Something they couldn’t complete unless they actually engaged with the content...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have seen people even do just a generated code at the end of a simulation which needs to be entered into the “quiz” to complete entirely. No matter what you are doing some sort of wrapper or staged progression where you are directed to the sim and then back for completion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have seen people even do just a generated code at the end of a simulation which needs to be entered into the “quiz” to complete entirely. No matter what you are doing some sort of wrapper or staged progression where you are directed to the sim and then back for completion. 

That’s a good idea.

I once had one of my modules generate a random number based on some rules that the learner was to enter in a different module that had the algorithm for verifying the number.

It was a short term solution for learners to request a certificate of completion. It was my way of knowing they actually got through to the end of the materials successfully and not just sending an email saying they were done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve been designing this in my head in docebo now for automating it and it is kind of fun….just need an excuse to actually make it…

Userlevel 4

Thank you everyone for the ideas. All very thoughtful and helpful.

Scope AR confirmed that they are working on a "SCORM" solution  to be completed by the "end of the summer."  I put "SCORM" in quotes because the representative did not provide any further details. However, this is an application tailor-made for xapi. I put "end of summer" in quotes because it's software development. 

Scope AR also has an API. The same representative said another Docebo customer had used the Scope AR API to integrate user progress reporting, likely through the Docebo API. We asked if they would ask that customer if they would be willing to talk with us.

In the meantime, the best option is either an iFrame or an HTML training material. The HTML would display a QR code that loads the Scenario into the player on the user’s device. There would not be direct completion reporting in Docebo, but the user's progress is recorded in their CMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice, sounds like some solid paths forward!

For your last scenario, is there a reporting method from their CMS that you could potentially do a weekly batch completion in docebo with?

Sounds like their API would let you do a simple update to the course on Docebo to mark the course completion too.

Userlevel 4

Yes

For your last scenario, is there a reporting method from their CMS that you could potentially do a weekly batch completion in docebo with?

Yes, there is a report we could use. However, where the scenarios are used there is an expectation that the results will be recorded and the training material marked completed in real time. We could do that with the two APIs, but must decide if it’s worth the effort given the forthcoming solution from the Scope AR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Understood. Seems like it all comes down to timeline of need and implementation for you.